Cowl Induction Emblems...

hey guys

i am in the process of getting my goodmark cowl induction hood on soon and was wondering where you guys got your cowl induction emblems from? i've seen some on online- Camaro Cowl Induction Hood Emblem Set, 1967-1969 , is this what everyone has used or are there better ones out there?

701105.jpg

i am lookin for ones that have the double sided tape and not the ones with studs because i don't wannna drill the hood? or is that the only way to go, thanks!

i used those same logos from the camaros, and in between the cowl and induction i put the 66 impala SS logo with the two flags. I'll post pic of it later. need to take a pic first. Got everything from classic industried, all metal, for about $50. I agree, it looks to blah without logos there.

Search Autoguy.  He has them.

i tried pming him put he hasn't responded back yet? :dunno:

i used those same logos from the camaros, and in between the cowl and induction i put the 66 impala SS logo with the two flags.  I'll post pic of it later.  need to take a pic first.  Got everything from classic industried, all metal, for about $50.  I agree, it looks to blah without logos there.

that sounds good, did you have to drill the hood or just use double sided tape? some of the emblems comes with studs but i was thinking i could just dremel those down and use the double sided tape.

hey guys

i am in the process of getting my goodmark cowl induction hood on soon and was wondering where you guys got your cowl induction emblems from? i've seen some on online- Camaro Cowl Induction Hood Emblem Set, 1967-1969 , is this what everyone has used or are there better ones out there?

701105.jpg

i am lookin for ones that have the double sided tape and not the ones with studs because i don't wannna drill the hood? or is that the only way to go, thanks!

Sorry for not answering the PM, I have been wicked busy lately.

Those are the same ones I have. I bought original GM ones at a swap meet.

They had the pins and tape, so I cut of the pins and taped them on.

garage_gallery-24-1094940179.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

hey guys

701105.jpg

Sorry for not answering the PM, I have been wicked busy lately.

Those are the same ones I have. I bought original GM ones at a swap meet.

They had the pins and tape, so I cut of the pins and taped them on.

garage_gallery-24-1094940179.jpg

no prob thanks for replying, those look good, hmm. so i guess i can get the reproduction ones and just remove the pins-studs and just tape em on. so how are they holding up? thanks again! :thumbs:

Search Autoguy.  He has them.

i tried pming him put he hasn't responded back yet? :dunno:

i used those same logos from the camaros, and in between the cowl and induction i put the 66 impala SS logo with the two flags.  I'll post pic of it later.  need to take a pic first.  Got everything from classic industried, all metal, for about $50.  I agree, it looks to blah without logos there.

that sounds good, did you have to drill the hood or just use double sided tape? some of the emblems comes with studs but i was thinking i could just dremel those down and use the double sided tape.

I drilled for the guide pins, then cleaned with first kleen, then used 3M emblem adhesive in very very small quantity (this only needs a light coat, so you barely know it's there) and attached. never a hint of coming off, through car washes, rain, snow, buffing, waxing. never a problem untill you want to take them off, then the paint comes with them.