need to find a 180* thermostat for a 04 6.0

hey guys.. having a hard time finding a 180* thermo for a 2004 dierra denali 6.0.. everything i have found is stock or 160.... is anyone here running a 180 on a 2004 ss? evidently in 2004 they changed something... i think they went to a drop in style from the all in one housing... any help would be great...thanks in advance....rob

I stand corrected. I checked autopartswarehouse, slponline, and summitracing...you ARE going to have a tough time. I wonder if you cant just look for a corvette or LS2 thermostat and use that one? Anything for an LS* based engine 2004+ should work shouldnt it?

I stand corrected.  I checked autopartswarehouse, slponline, and summitracing...you ARE going to have a tough time.  I wonder if you cant just look for a corvette or LS2 thermostat and use that one?  Anything for an LS* based engine 2004+ should work shouldnt it?

yeah i checked all those sources... not really sure of the 160* thermo... i think i found soemwhere where the 04 escalade had a 180* thermo.. but i cant find it anymore...

hey guys.. having a hard time finding a 180* thermo for a 2004 dierra denali 6.0.. everything i have found is stock or 160....  is anyone here running a 180 on a 2004 ss? evidently in 2004 they changed something... i think they went to a drop in style from the all in one housing... any help would be great...thanks in advance....rob

Why do you prefer a 180f t-stat.

The stock t-stat is 86c or 186.8f. :dunno: