Initial Driving Impressions

Got my slight issue with the leaking fuel line fixed and took it out on the road to do some VE tuning. Trying to get the fueling where it needed to be for the larger TB and more airflow.

I can say that it does feel like a slight loss in low-end torque, BUT I have not done a WOT run from a stop yet to fully determine that. Strokers have gobs of torque, so if I did loose a little it will not affect things too much. I did punch it a few times just to give me an idea of what I need to do for PE tuning. All I can say is that the motor really screams now. To properly characterize that, it has a lot more induction noise, similar to changing from the stock intake to a Volant or other. The acceleration is much smoother and it definitely feels stronger at this point. I will know more on that when I start working on WOT stuff.

One added benefit was the idle is much smoother. I actually feel like I could lower my idle rpms down a little. It is very quiet in the lower rpms while driving, almost scary quiet. Of course that changes drastically when you mash the pedal. Really does sound even more badass than it did before.

Will post up tomorrow or this weekend how it is for WOT. I want to get my catchcan in before I do too much of that.

So, how is your 90 TB doing?  Did you check the actual WOT blade position yet?  Seeing 85% like the rest of us?  :shakehead:

Like I said, I didn't hit WOT too much for very long. I found one period in my logs where I held it for about 1 sec and another for just under 2 sec - it shows 100%. A couple of times I just hit it real fast and they all show 100% also.

Have all the guys that have switched over having this problem?

So, how is your 90 TB doing?  Did you check the actual WOT blade position yet?  Seeing 85% like the rest of us?  :shakehead:

Like I said, I didn't hit WOT too much for very long. I found one period in my logs where I held it for about 1 sec and another for just under 2 sec - it shows 100%. A couple of times I just hit it real fast and they all show 100% also.

Have all the guys that have switched over having this problem?

Everyone's log shows 100% -- take off your intake tube and look at the blade.

I haven't tested mine yet. I never heard whether BC has this problem on the test truck or not.

Hey Ben,

Do you think it is possible to run the stock fuel rails, 43.5lb injectors and stock crossover tube on the FAST. I have an 2004.

Thanks

I don't see why not. You could just keep the stock rails by cutting a strip of metal, say 1.5" wide or 2" maybe, and cutting it the length of the intake. Take that strip and cut holes to bolt it down to the FAST rail mount locations. Then drill holes in this plate to mount the tabs that hold down the stock rails. That is similar to what Kano did in his thread on PT.net. I linked to it in the other thread. It would be much easier for you to shift over to car type injectors though. Some more special things may have to be done to get the shorter MultecII injectors to work. Again, see how Kano did it with the LS6 - I would guess it's the same for the FAST.

Will post up tomorrow or this weekend how it is for WOT.  I want to get my catchcan in before I do too much of that.

Ben, what's the catch can for? I don't follow :confused:

Catchcans will trap that oil that gets by your PCV valve and gets into your intake. I don't have a PCV valve currently and I seen evidence of oil getting into my intake when I had the truck intake off. So much, that oil was in all my intake runners on my heads. I need it bad.

I didn't put in the burst panels, no. Is that what you mean?

I got the catchcan from McKinney Race Works, or something like that. Someone else started a thread on here recently about catchcans. I ordered one from that thread.

Catchcans will trap that oil that gets by your PCV valve and gets into your intake.  I don't have a PCV valve currently and I seen evidence of oil getting into my intake when I had the truck intake off.  So much, that oil was in all my intake runners on my heads.  I need it bad.

gotchya, didn't know it got that bad.

Catchcans will trap that oil that gets by your PCV valve and gets into your intake.  I don't have a PCV valve currently and I seen evidence of oil getting into my intake when I had the truck intake off.  So much, that oil was in all my intake runners on my heads.  I need it bad.

gotchya, didn't know it got that bad.

Your truck is doing it also....probably all are. It is a fact of the motors we have. How much it does is just a matter of how bad the problem is.

I didn't put in the burst panels, no.  Is that what you mean?

I got the catchcan from McKinney Race Works, or something like that.  Someone else started a thread on here recently about catchcans.  I ordered one from that thread.

I just ordered one of these also. It looks like a pretty good unit, and cheaper than that AMW unit that doubled in price recently.