Quik vs Holty

Quik

got my HP tuners and Holty being the man with some advice from Zippy. made some changes to the truck and it runs alot better just need to be safe now to i get my wideband hookedup. well anyways we go out for some logging and to meet up with someone. we did several rolls [yes they are gay but all we had to use] we started from 60 and up, 80 and up and 100 and up... each race down was close up till i hit about 5700 rpms then i proceeded to put lenghts on the big red dragon. i will admit hearing hte blower is sick at those speeds. that truck deff puts up a nice battle in mid rpm range. with the tweaks he has made i cant wait to see low 12s out out his combo and who knows what ill pull. if wondering i shift up around 6700 rpms in my setup and we got my idling from 1000 down to 725 and its sick idle

holty's thinking im probably 12.0 - 12.4 truck NA in good air then juice deep 11s. thats all i wanted.

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

i concur. quicks truck pulls HARD up top. we were dead even until about like he said 5700-6000 rpm's, then he started walking me. when we shut down at about 130mph :dunno: he had about 1 to 2 lengths on me. wouldn't have been REALLY interesting had i not had the 22's on. but i give Quik credit, he setup runs very strong. with a little more tuning, who knows what it will run. looks like there will be some grudge matches at PRP this fall :D:cheers::jester:

i concur.  quicks truck pulls HARD up top.  we were dead even until about like he said 5700-6000 rpm's, then he started walking me.  when we shut down at about 130mph :dunno: he had about 1 to 2 lengths on me.  wouldn't have been REALLY interesting had i not had the 22's on. but i give Quik credit, he setup runs very strong. with a little more tuning, who knows what it will run.  looks like there will be some grudge matches at PRP this fall  :D  :cheers:  :jester:

thanks and for the wheel comment thats like me saying let me put my 16s back on. i deff feel theres a little more in this setup. and my base tune from ed wright was deff a good one.

i concur.  quicks truck pulls HARD up top.  we were dead even until about like he said 5700-6000 rpm's, then he started walking me.  when we shut down at about 130mph :dunno: he had about 1 to 2 lengths on me.  wouldn't have been REALLY interesting had i not had the 22's on. but i give Quik credit, he setup runs very strong. with a little more tuning, who knows what it will run.  looks like there will be some grudge matches at PRP this fall   :D  :cheers:  :jester:

thanks and for the wheel comment thats like me saying let me put my 16s back on. i deff feel theres a little more in this setup. and my base tune from ed wright was deff a good one.

not exactly because your 16's are race wheels only. my 20's are stock and what i would normally have on the truck during everyday driving. either way, its fun racing and i'm not ashamed to say i got beat by your truck. its not like either of us are slow lol. we'll have alot of fun come fall at PRP.

i concur.  quicks truck pulls HARD up top.  we were dead even until about like he said 5700-6000 rpm's, then he started walking me.  when we shut down at about 130mph :dunno: he had about 1 to 2 lengths on me.  wouldn't have been REALLY interesting had i not had the 22's on. but i give Quik credit, he setup runs very strong. with a little more tuning, who knows what it will run.  looks like there will be some grudge matches at PRP this fall   :D  :cheers:  :jester:

not exactly because your 16's are race wheels only. my 20's are stock and what i would normally have on the truck during everyday driving. either way, its fun racing and i'm not ashamed to say i got beat by your truck. its not like either of us are slow lol. we'll have alot of fun come fall at PRP.

no no my 16s are the normals and my 15s are my drags

but youre right

Ed Wright does very good work, that's for sure. :thumbs:

:chevy: Where did you guys do this at? Maybe we can have a just for fun grudge race at PRP when I get back in Sept!

im up for it as for locatation im not sure if we can post them but its a local highway.

as for the grudges im up for it. ill run NA vs both of you boosted trucks so its alittle more fair

Ed Wright does very good work, that's for sure. :thumbs:

yea thats where i got my base map. if you dont mind after some more logging and tweaking and once i get my wideband ill do more logging and if you dont mind could you look over the logs and files and see what you think or we could tweak