My new toy

tawss04

Been having some trouble with one of my waverunners and dont have enough time to fix it and I need both for my little brother birthday party tomorrow so I went and bought this today :D It F-ing hauls ass I got to 76mph. The one behind it in the pic is my 760 waveblaster and still runs great it tops out at 55 but handles just as good as the GP1300R.

My other ski is a 3 seater 700XL waveventure and just needs a the top end redone, no big deal just time, I fix it and have 3 :D

Tim, AWESOME.

I have a GP1200R...same hull, basically...but 15 less HP.

Is that an '05 or '06...???

If so - It has the better pump, too.

those are fast are those turbo'd cause my friend has a honda aquatrax with a turbo and it hauls ass

Not turbo...it's a 2-stroke (all the supercharged SeaDoo's and turbo'd Hondas are 4-stroke motors)

The GP1300R has a 1300cc fuel injected 2-stroke...does ~67mph stock (the speedo's always read high - My 1200 reads ~74 on the speedo, but it's a true 64-65mph via GPS).

Anyway, congrats...we DEFINITELY need to meet up and go wave jumping at Matanzas.

- Brian

Tim, AWESOME.

I have a GP1200R...same hull, basically...but 15 less HP.

Is that an '05 or '06...???

If so - It has the better pump, too.

those are fast are those turbo'd cause my friend has a honda aquatrax with a turbo and it hauls ass

Not turbo...it's a 2-stroke (all the supercharged SeaDoo's and turbo'd Hondas are 4-stroke motors)

The GP1300R has a 1300cc fuel injected 2-stroke...does ~67mph stock (the speedo's always read high - My 1200 reads ~74 on the speedo, but it's a true 64-65mph via GPS).

Anyway, congrats...we DEFINITELY need to meet up and go wave jumping at Matanzas.

- Brian

It's an 06, I think this is the last year for the 2stroke, I was talking to a rep and he said they are suppose to be coming out with bad ass 4stroke model for next year, he wont know for sure till Yamahe has there watercraft show next month.

I know the speedo's aren't a 100% accurate but it still hauls ass, as for being better at the pump I :dunno: filled it twice yesterday and put another 5gal's in it before I put it up, but we were on it from 10am till 4pm so we broke it in real good :D

Yea PM me if you head out there or I'll PM you if I head out there :thumbs:

I have an '05 green/black Sea Doo RXP and love it, but I wish I would have seen that '06 GPR because I love the colors and would have bought that. As far as speed, RIVA GPS'd the '06 GPR and the '06 RXP and the speeds were 65-66 for the GPR and 67-68 for the RXP, so they are pretty even.

I have an '05 green/black Sea Doo RXP and love it, but I wish I would have seen that '06 GPR because I love the colors and would have bought that.  As far as speed, RIVA GPS'd the '06 GPR and the '06 RXP and the speeds were 65-66 for the GPR and 67-68 for the RXP, so they are pretty even.

Yea thats what I've heard top end is only a 1-2mph difference. I just like Yamaha I've had very little if any trouble at all from them, my 700XL the oil injector went bad which is common on them and this one was an old rental (I have $1300 in it and that is with a rebuilt motor and trailer) so I cant complain. The dealer I got mine from is a Yamaha/Sea-Doo dealer and said the Sea-Doo's are not very reliable, one dealer said the supercharged model has a tendency to blow engines because they did not strengthen the motor for a supercharger just bolted one on :dunno: and thats what I've heard from other sources, they do have nice machines I probably would have gotten a RXP if they did have GPR. The salesman (a friend of mine) said he has waiting list of people who are looking for use watercraft and want Yamahas.