Exhaust Vibration

Blaker888

Ok I got Bassni exhaust a couple of months ago and its awsome except for one thing! The pipes that bolt to the muffler and then to the factory exhaust are so close when they vibrate from slow accelartion they touch and make this annoying metal on metal sound not a screech but like metal being bang togather really fast but it only does it for a sec but it freaking annoying!

Big pry bar should move it enough to clear.

Did that made it worse

I don't understand. I think there is something incorrectly spelled there. I see 2 possible questions:

1. Did that make it worse? No, it fixed mine.

2. Dude that made it worse. I don't know why. If you pry apart the two pieces hitting, it should work.

try some additional hangers. you could use the ones that bolt on to the frame and are rubber encasing a j hook. I have two on each side of the back of my truck and it holds the tips and exhaust 1/4 inch from the roll pan on all sides (roll pan is cut to inset tips) and never had any vibration or rubbing issues. (i know that some of you are probably flippin out about the tight clearance but it works perfect if it's done right) see below.

post-7217-1154728128_thumb.jpg