Some Pics of my Chevelle

AUTOGUY

In the process of updating some things on the car. I am thinking about the American Racing Torque Thrust II's in 17", then some paint, a new top, Gears and trans Re-build with Stall converter.

I have owned this car for almost 24 years. I have a pile of new GM parts for it including a Super Sport "Domed" hood and all Chrome trim in the wrappers.

Going for the Look and stance of the Black car.

Just bought this on ebay too...

L_01.jpg

post-3330-1154230895_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154230910_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154230930_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154230948_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154230969_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154230989_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154231032_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154231058_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154231075_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154231107_thumb.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

thats an awesome car. do you plan on leaving it that color? i imagine you do, but man, the black chevelle is awful hot. i've always been a fan of them, although i'd prefer a first gen camaro over pretty much any other. it wasnt until 1970 that chevy started to mess up the amazing body styling. sorry, a little foff track, but anywho, awesome car. i imagine it'll look even nicer when finished, although it looks amazing. be sure to keep us updated.

get the torque thrust two's!!!! amazing wheels for muscle cars. they are a perfect blend. IMO. love 70 chevelles, nice lookin one and good thing for keeping it in your stable...ya never see them anymore :shakehead::thumbs:

Cool car, looks like the motor is the only thing that looks in GREAT condition, i would still love to have it. Good wheel choice, Ive always wanted to go old school with some cragars tho if i had a car like that. :D:thumbs:

Cool car, looks like the motor is the only thing that looks in GREAT condition, i would still love to have it. Good wheel choice, Ive always wanted to go old school with some cragars tho if i had a car like that. :D  :thumbs:

:banghead: I guess you didnt look at any of the interior pictures. This car is all original except for a re-paint and I swapped the Bench seat for the Buckets and console. The Chrome is all original as well. How can you think that the engine is the ONLY thing in Great Condition for a 35 year old car?

get the torque thrust two's!!!! amazing wheels for muscle cars. they are a perfect blend. IMO. love 70 chevelles, nice lookin one and good thing for keeping it in your stable...ya never see them anymore  :shakehead:  :thumbs:

Actually it is a '72.

yup i know i love the quad headlights in the front of the 1970 one of my dream cars, but yours is still very nice

Cool car, looks like the motor is the only thing that looks in GREAT condition, i would still love to have it. Good wheel choice, Ive always wanted to go old school with some cragars tho if i had a car like that. :D  :thumbs:

:banghead: I guess you didnt look at any of the interior pictures. This car is all original except for a re-paint and I swapped the Bench seat for the Buckets and console. The Chrome is all original as well. How can you think that the engine is the ONLY thing in Great Condition for a 35 year old car?

lol, its a great car, love to have it, ive got a wierd way of saying things when im half asleep. Your motor looks spotless it what i really meant to say now that im full awake and know what the h(*& im talking about. Did in no way want to put the car down. Awesome car dude. Ill start to refrain myself from half awake posts.

lol, its a great car, love to have it, ive got a wierd way of saying things when im half asleep. Your motor looks spotless it what i really meant to say now that im full awake and know what the h(*& im talking about. Did in no way want to put the car down. Awesome car dude. Ill start to refrain myself from half awake posts.

No Problem...I know what I have.

I just finished re-upholstering the rear seat 10 minutes ago. Now the interior is done.

That is a cool car Autoguy - have you modified the suspension any?

Added Rear SS sway Bar, Gas Shocks and upgraded the front Swaybar with a WS6 Trans Am 1 1/4" with Poly Bushings. This was all done about 18-20 years ago.

I just got motivated to get it in better shape than it has been so I spent some time today doing the rear seat, a New GM OEM NOS Grill and Grill Emblem, and will be installing the hood a bit later today.

My goal is to have it painted, new top, rebuilt trans, rear gears and wheels and tires by next Spring/Summer as time and cash allows.

I actually have new tires ordered for it. 275/60/15 and 245/60/15 BFG Radial T/A's.

I also have a set of Am Rac. TTO Original Torque Thrust Wheels for these tires to go on, but I had a hard time finding the front 15x7's. The rear 15 x 8's are mounted and balanced, and I found a set of 15x7's at Summit Racing. Hopefully they will be here this week.

I was going to go with the 17" Torque Thrust II's, but I think the TTO's look better for this type or car. It gives it a Yenko type look.

Anyone care to photoshop the wheels on the gold car onto mine for me?

m309.jpg

post-3330-1154287210_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154287224_thumb.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)