Some Pics of my Chevelle

AUTOGUY

...I just got motivated to get it in better shape than it has been so I spent some time today doing the rear seat...

Great minds... I did the same suspension mods on my Firebird back in the day, and just mounted the same size tires this month! How hard is it to redo upholstery, is it just as simple as it seems (buy new foam & cover, sandblast the seat frame and reassemble?) or is that a something where you need some profressional instruction first? How hard is it to install a bow-type headliner?

Mr. P.

I never did a headliner, just seats. The fronts are a bit more complicated because they are 2 piece and have different hardware that needs to be removed and re-installed.

The rear seat is just a matter of taking it out of the car, removing the old covers by cutting the Hog Rings that hold it to the frame, and if your original foam is in good shape it can be re-used. I did my rear upper and lower today in less than 2 hours. One of the tricks is to do it in the sun so you can stretch the new covers in place and re-clip them onto the frame.

post-3330-1154291410_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1154291443_thumb.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

She's gorgeous  :wub:

IMO those wheels are a little too deep-dish for a muscle car but it's not about me and I'd still drool at it.

To deep dish for a muscle car??? What kind of drugs are you on? Better question, where can I get some too??? Hot rodders have been reverse offsetting their rims since the 40's-50's!!! :lol:

She's gorgeous  :wub:

IMO those wheels are a little too deep-dish for a muscle car but it's not about me and I'd still drool at it.

To deep dish for a muscle car??? What kind of drugs are you on? Better question, where can I get some too??? Hot rodders have been reverse offsetting their rims since the 40's-50's!!! :lol:

And the funny thing about it is now the hip thing to do is have "Staggered" wheels and tires!!! Wider in the Rear with a biger lip!!!!!

Like he said this is nothing new.. it is the same as before, the terms are just different. An ex of mine had a 72 Challenger, and it had 15 x 7's in the front and 15 x 8 "Reverse" in the rear. This was 20 years ago!!