v-max with ride control suspension how to lower it

hello everyone, my truck has the duel ride control feature.. you push the button on the dash and it changes the firmness of the shocks. the owners manual says it for towing (did help a lot when i used it for towing) and can be left on for better driver control/handling (realy makes a big difference).

the thing is i love the suspension when i want is smooth/soft it is, when i want it firm/responsive it is.. so my question is how to lower it without changing any of the ride in either setting? :dunno:

i know if i use lowered spindles in the front the suspension stays the same in everyway just 2" lower...

but it's the back that i cant figure out?.. i will not use shackles they add to much travel to the spring (hated my 05 after i used them).. if i use 2" drop hangers won't the shock be in more of a loaded state at all times?, or will the difference not be noticeable :dunno: ...

my truck was much higher new then my 05, and i noticed what look to be like blocks on the rear end under the leaf's?... if it is a factory block could i just remove it?... doe's anyone know if all the silverados came with this or just the

V-max's?... any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

superado.

lot of lookers but no reply's?... does anyone know?... any insight or oppinion would help. maybe at least someone could look at there truck and let me know if under the spring there seems to be a block or not?...

thanks in advance.

Is this ride controll different than the stabilitrac that is used on the suburban/tahoes? I hve dropped a suburban with the stabilitrac and it had two sensors one on either side and I relocated the arm to put it back where it was when it was a stock height and it worked perfect. But if you don't have ride height sensors then I would say shock mount extenders are your best bet.

Is this ride controll different than the stabilitrac that is used on the suburban/tahoes? I hve dropped a suburban with the stabilitrac and it had two sensors one on either side and I relocated the arm to put it back where it was when it was a stock height and it worked perfect. But if you don't have ride height sensors then I would say shock mount extenders are your best bet.

i think it is different, it is'nt designed for safety or rollover concerns.

it just stiffens the suspension to help when trailering/loaded or when added performance is wanted... or it stays soft in the off mode when you want a smooth ride.. it realy doe's both jobs great i love it :D thats why i want to keep the stock geometry the same. i will look into the blocks (think i'll swing by my chevy dealer tomorow) if that works problem solved if not then hangers and shock extenders might be the alternitive. thanks for the input guys it realy helped :cheers:

Hey I took a picture of mine and was wondering the same thing in this post. I just want to lower my rear 2" to have it level, and it looks like that block should do the trick. Let me know what your chevy dealer says  :thumbs:

calichevy, the dealers service department closed when i got there :( so i could'nt check there parts department to see if it's removable :dunno: but when i looked under a silverado on there lot and compared it to mine, it looked like all i would need to do would be to get the shorter u-bolts :) i'll find out more in the morning and post again...

on a seperate note i noticed you got the volant intake on your truck :thumbs: how do you like it, did it make differance, was it worth it?.. and same thing for the pcmfor less tune?... let me know. :cheers:

Hey I took a picture of mine and was wondering the same thing in this post. I just want to lower my rear 2" to have it level, and it looks like that block should do the trick. Let me know what your chevy dealer says  :thumbs:

calichevy, the dealers service department closed when i got there :( so i could'nt check there parts department to see if it's removable :dunno: but when i looked under a silverado on there lot and compared it to mine, it looked like all i would need to do would be to get the shorter u-bolts :) i'll find out more in the morning and post again...

on a seperate note i noticed you got the volant intake on your truck :thumbs: how do you like it, did it make differance, was it worth it?.. and same thing for the pcmfor less tune?... let me know. :cheers:

Right on, that will be cool if we can just take that block out and be done with it! I like the Volant and the PCM tune. The both of them make a big difference. If I could do it all over again though, I would have deffinatly had it dyno tuned in person rather than getting the mail order tune.

It doesn't look like there's enough thread on the stock ubolts to reuse them without the block. You'll need shorter bolts off a 2wd.

your right about the u-bolts not having enough thread but my truck is a 2wd i think cali's is a 4wd?. but either way we will need the shorter u bolts off a truck with standard suspension...

Right on, that will be cool if we can just take that block out and be done with it! I like the Volant and the PCM tune. The both of them make a big difference. If I could do it all over again though, I would have deffinatly had it dyno tuned in person rather than getting the mail order tune.

cali chevy the block is called a "spacer" in there computer blow-up of the suspension... so the answer is YES we can remove them... :thumbs: we just need the right u-bolts from the regular silverado... my parts department wants $20 each X 4 thats $80 so i'm going to look into other choices before i fork over the cash for those. i should be able to get them for half that i'll let you know what i find.

i just ordered my volant this morning should get it tomorow or the next day.. :D $250 shipped i think it was a good deal :dunno: also if the tune worked well why would you rather have done it in person?... and how much would that cost and where could i do it?.. thanks. :cheers:

cali chevy the block is called a "spacer" in there computer blow-up of the suspension... so the answer is YES we can remove them... :thumbs: we just need the right u-bolts from the regular silverado... my parts department wants $20 each X 4 thats $80 so i'm going to look into other choices before i fork over the cash for those. i should be able to get them for half that i'll let you know what i find.

i just ordered my volant this morning should get it tomorow or the next day.. :D $250 shipped i think it was a good deal :dunno: also if the tune worked well why would you rather have done it in person?... and how much would that cost and where could i do it?.. thanks. :cheers:

Sweet! Now I don't have to get shackles or anything. So do the SS's not have this spacer on them? How are you planning on getting the u-bolts for half of that? You should like the Volant, you'll have fun putting it on, might run into a couple things that slow you down...Of course I was doing it at nightime with the only light of a flashlight my girl was holding :crackup: so maybe thats why I ran into alittle bit of difficulties.

A mail order tune will be around $250 and a dyno tune $500-$600. The reason a dyno tune is better is because they perfect your tune and get the best out of your truck that you can get and you don't have to take out your stock PCM and send it away. A mail order tune is basically tuned by what works best for most of our trucks, not custom fit for your vehicle...but it works well too. There are alot of changes that I have had done on my tune that I could have had taken care of in one visit on a dyno tune. I'm not sure where you can have yours dyno tuned cuz I don't know where you live, If you live by me in california I can direct you to some places though :thumbs:

Sweet! Now I don't have to get shackles or anything. So do the SS's not have this spacer on them? How are you planning on getting the u-bolts for half of that? You should like the Volant, you'll have fun putting it on, might run into a couple things that slow you down...Of course I was doing it at nightime with the only light of a flashlight my girl was holding :crackup: so maybe thats why I ran into alittle bit of difficulties.

A mail order tune will be around $250 and a dyno tune $500-$600. The reason a dyno tune is better is because they perfect your tune and get the best out of your truck that you can get and you don't have to take out your stock PCM and send it away. A mail order tune is basically tuned by what works best for most of our trucks, not custom fit for your vehicle...but it works well too. There are alot of changes that I have had done on my tune that I could have had taken care of in one visit on a dyno tune. I'm not sure where you can have yours dyno tuned cuz I don't know where you live, If you live by me in california I can direct you to some places though :thumbs:

no the SS's don't have it, and i'm going to call a 4x4 shop nearby and see if they have the shorter one's cheaper (dealerships are always higher then evertone else) if not then maybe a wrecking yard?.. u bolts off any silverado should work?... i'm not keen on used one's.. but i'm less keen on $80+tax for them either! :mad: i will post what i find..

good news! :D i went to 4 wheels specialtys in mission hills (sepulveda/plummer) and they gave me some they took off a silverado they lifted for FREE :jester:

so all i got to do is switch'em and remove the block will do tomorow if i get a chance :confused: when i do i'll post the results....