v-max with ride control suspension how to lower it

good news! :D i went to 4 wheels specialtys in mission hills (sepulveda/plummer) and they gave me some they took off a silverado they lifted for FREE :jester:

so all i got to do is switch'em and remove the block will do tomorow if i get a chance :confused: when i do i'll post the results....

:cheers: I'll take a trip to my local lift joint and see if they have some. Are you gonna do it yourself?

Many have reported that the u-bolts are sopposed to be a single use item and not re-used... but I don't know of anyone not re-using them either!!

I have also seen that people were able to put the spacer on after the bracket to keep the same stack height and re-use their longer u-bolts.

May be too little too late but I tried.

Many have reported that the u-bolts are sopposed to be a single use item and not re-used... but I don't know of anyone not re-using them either!!

I have also seen that people were able to put the spacer on after the bracket to keep the same stack height and re-use their longer u-bolts.

Hmm...I don't know which way I'm gonna do it.

Hmm...I don't know which way I'm gonna do it.

dirt boy, i think i'll just elimnate the spacer totaly since i have the shorter u-bolts anyway.. but that is a good alternative if it's possible?, i'll take a look while i'm swapping mine anyway just to see how it would work... :confused:

cali, yeah i'm doing it my self.. i'll let you know how hard it is or not :dunno: should be easy though :thumbs:

I did it finally. I ended up just goin the safe and kinda expensive way. Had custom U-bolts made for about the same price the dealer sells them at $65, and then had a custom auto place install them. Everything worked good. Heres some pics:

Before removed block:

Block.jpg

After removed block:

RemovedBlock.jpg

Finished Product (looks lower in the back cuz I'm on a hill, but its actually level):

2inRearDrop.jpg

I did it finally. I ended up just goin the safe and kinda expensive way. Had custom U-bolts made for about the same price the dealer sells them at $65, and then had a custom auto place install them. Everything worked good. Heres some pics.

looks great.. :thumbs: i have'nt done mine yet been pretty busy but i might have a line on a set of 2" drop spindles for cheap so i might do it all at once.. i'll post some pics once i get it done..

• 2 weeks later...

i finaly lowered mine in the rear i did it my self it only took an hour and a half to do it including shortning the bump stops and eliminating there brackets (i only took off 1 nub from the bump stops) it's realy cool that the factory set up the truck to do it easily :) now i just got to lower the front of my truck.. i found out it don't have springs but torsion bars instead on a 2wd :confused: belltech said it might and sure enough when i looked they were right!. i'm still not gonna do the torsion keys from what i can tell from everyone else's post.. i don't think i'll be happy with that. so i'm going to do the spindles like i originaly planned.. here's some pics for now.

post-8665-1155870100_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1155870113_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1155870134_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1155870149_thumb.jpg

Looks good man  :thumbs:

cali, thanks! :D

doe's your truck have 2 or 4wd?.. and springs or torsion bars?..

just curious cause i did'nt expect torsion bars on my 2wd :dunno:

also i found the drop spindles at summit for $222.39 + $9.95 shipping and would ship same day from there nevada wherehouse meaning i get it in 1-3 days :) as soon as my budget allows i'm ordering them from summit.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...r=1#Application

• 2 weeks later...
Looks good man  :thumbs:

cali, thanks! :D

doe's your truck have 2 or 4wd?.. and springs or torsion bars?..

just curious cause i did'nt expect torsion bars on my 2wd :dunno:

also i found the drop spindles at summit for $222.39 + $9.95 shipping and would ship same day from there nevada wherehouse meaning i get it in 1-3 days :) as soon as my budget allows i'm ordering them from summit.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...r=1#Application

Sorry it took so long to respond, lost track of the post. I have 4WD, not sure if its torsion or springs. When you gonna drop the rest? I'm leaving mine how it is, can't go lower because I still want it to get around okay in the desert when I take my quad out :cool: