just raced a lightning!....

2006_superado

I love my 373's thats why I trap 105-107 mph now heh..

But you should run a mid to low 14 with your current combo so driver to driver it was a good race!

how tall is your tire?.. and do you have to shift into 3'rd before the trap's, or do you get to peak hp at the trap in 2'nd?... the reason i ask is i have to shift right before the traps into 3rd.. so i'm wondering if a taller tire would get me there in 2'nd... let me know :confused: thanks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What times did you runa nd mph??? It must be in the high 80's-low90's to trap in second gear...

best run at lacr was about 15.6 roughly 89mph.. and before you say it my truck only has 1000 miles on it and it's common knowledge its a bad track because of the elevation and weather did'nt help either :( i'm just not sure if a taller tire will help or not.. will the quicker bottom end make up for the shift at the end?.. or doe's that final shift not hurt as much as a taller tire would?.

any insight would be appreciated?. thanks.

my buddy has a harley davidson crew cab. it has a 4 lb upper pulley, CAI, custom exhaust, custom tune by me :crazy: . it pulls away from me soooooo hard its not even funny, and im a little more than stock (not much lol). it made 380 whp and 455 wtq on my dyno, over 4 runs no break...... huge, very fast cheap peice of metal.

PS: all 2WD silverados with that drivetrain come with 3.73's, with an optional 4.10 :chevy:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

my buddy has a harley davidson crew cab. it has a 4 lb upper pulley, CAI, custom exhaust, custom tune by me :crazy: . it pulls away from me soooooo hard its not even funny, and im a little more than stock (not much lol). it made 380 whp and 455 wtq on my dyno, over 4 runs no break...... huge, very fast cheap peice of metal.

PS: all 2WD silverados with that drivetrain come with 3.73's, with an optional 4.10  :chevy:

the 4.10 ratio is standard on my truck with the "performance package" (i hate explaining this over and over :banghead: ) the "performance edition" is a different package that comes with 3.73's and is identical mechanicaly to an SSS. mine is not the same as an SSS... did you read all the post to this thread completely this has already been discussed.. and i can scan my window sticker if needed or check the chevy website and build an lt1 x-cab with the performance package and see for your self.. the "performance package" crew's come with the 3.73's but all like mine are 4.10's don't mean to get pissy but just trying to keep the facts correct :D

now on your buddys truck you said you tuned it, how much do you charge to dyno tune a silverado?.. and are you in so-cal?.. thanks. :cheers:

IMO, if you went with the taller tire, wouldn't you have been better off to get the 3.73's instead of the 4.10's. What speed does your truck shift into third at??? If it's just a few mph less than what you trap you might could manually shift and hold it in second through the lights.

IM RUNNING 3.73'S IN MY 04 RST WHICH USE TO HAVE A 5SPEED -IT ALSO HAS 20 IN WHEELS ON IT. THOSE WHEELS MAKES IT CLOSEWR TO A 3.08 OR 3.42 RATIO-WHEN I DID MY TRANS. SWAP TO A 6 SPEED- THE GEARS ARE HIGHER THAN MY ORIGINAL 5 SPEED. NOW I WILL HAVE TO CHANGE MY GEARS OUT TO 4.56'S TO OFFSET CHANGE IN TRANSMISSION AND THE 20 INCH RIMS IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET OUT OF HOLE. POINT IS RATIO IS IMPORTANT BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO CONSIDER THE FACT IF YOU ARE RUNNING OVERSIZED WHEELS YOU ARE ACTUALLY DROPPING THE RATIO TO A HIGHER GEAR THUS HURTIING TAKE OFF BUT SAVING ON GAS. SORRY TO GET OFF THE SUBJECT. ALSO SORRY ABOUT THE caps lock, other screen i use only operates with caps on.

IM RUNNING 3.73'S IN MY 04 RST WHICH USE TO HAVE A 5SPEED -IT ALSO HAS 20 IN WHEELS ON IT. THOSE WHEELS MAKES IT CLOSEWR TO A 3.08 OR 3.42 RATIO-WHEN I DID MY TRANS. SWAP TO A 6 SPEED- THE GEARS ARE HIGHER THAN MY ORIGINAL 5 SPEED. NOW I WILL HAVE TO CHANGE MY GEARS OUT TO 4.56'S TO OFFSET CHANGE IN TRANSMISSION AND THE 20 INCH RIMS IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET OUT OF HOLE. POINT IS RATIO IS IMPORTANT BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO CONSIDER THE FACT IF YOU ARE RUNNING OVERSIZED WHEELS YOU ARE ACTUALLY DROPPING THE RATIO TO A HIGHER GEAR THUS HURTIING TAKE OFF BUT SAVING ON GAS. SORRY TO GET OFF THE SUBJECT. ALSO SORRY ABOUT THE caps lock, other screen i use only operates with caps on.

it's not the rim size that actualy matters it's the total height of the wheel and tire.. my 20's have 295/45's and they are about an inch lower then the original 265/70/17's so with basic math..original tire 31.6" new tire 30" that's about a 5% decrease in overall diameter which actualy increase's my gear ratio from 4.10 to what would equal a 4.30 so the truck is quicker off the line but would hurt the milage by about 1mpg..

depending on your gear ratio's in your orginal and new trans you may not lose any low end performance you just gain the higher OD of the 6 speed and closer ratios to keep your engine in it's power band which should help performance?.. if you supply the specs i can give youan idea on how it would affect your truck?..

:cheers:

IMO, if you went with the taller tire, wouldn't you have been better off to get the 3.73's instead of the 4.10's.  What speed does your truck shift into third at???  If it's just a few mph less than what you trap you might could manually shift and hold it in second through the lights.

3.73's were not available for my truck.. and i changed to a slightly shorter tire (see other reply above) so i actualy got a bit quicker from a stop but now i'm shifting at i guess (was looking at tach only) about 82-84 i only ran 5-6 times at lacr so did'nt pay attention.. and i always manualy shift stock shift points are too low especialy the 2-3 shift..

Oh, I didn't realize you had put smaller tires on there. Going at least one inch bigger in tire diameter would get you close to getiing through the traps in second...

i guess i'll have to experiment with stock rear tires and see if it helps or hurts my e.t. :confused:

PS: all 2WD silverados with that drivetrain come with 3.73's, with an optional 4.10  :chevy:

the 4.10 ratio is standard on my truck with the "performance package" (i hate explaining this over and over :banghead: ) the "performance edition" is a different package that comes with 3.73's and is identical mechanicaly to an SSS. mine is not the same as an SSS... did you read all the post to this thread completely this has already been discussed.. and i can scan my window sticker if needed or check the chevy website and build an lt1 x-cab with the performance package and see for your self.. the "performance package" crew's come with the 3.73's but all like mine are 4.10's don't mean to get pissy but just trying to keep the facts correct :D

now on your buddys truck you said you tuned it, how much do you charge to dyno tune a silverado?.. and are you in so-cal?.. thanks. :cheers:

sorry about that, im a dealer and im used to vortec max and performance edition. the votrec max (performance pck) is what you said, 4.10. anyways im in ft. lauderdale, FL. just a few minutes from so cal lol. :driving:

sorry about that, im a dealer and im used to vortec max and performance edition. the votrec max (performance pck) is what you said, 4.10. anyways im in ft. lauderdale, FL. just a few minutes from so cal lol. :driving:

yeah just about 2800 minutes away.. thats only a hop skip aand a 3 day drive away! :jester: anyway do you do mail order tunes?...

yeah just about 2800 minutes away.. thats only a hop skip aand a 3 day drive away! :jester: anyway do you do mail order tunes?...

no man no mail orders yet :nono: hopefully soon :crazy:

do you have any idea how long until you do and how much$$ if it's soon maybe i'll wait.. if not i'm going to do mine in about a week.

but thanks for the response :cheers: