CAI vs Shaker Hood Scoop???

VMaxDenali

Okay, so a Shaker Hood Scoop isn't technically a bolt on (yet) but I was just wondering how a Shaker would look on my GMC Denali or a Silverado SS for that matter?

Has anyone see a Shaker Hood Scoop on a Chevy or GMC truck?

I did a little Google "ing" and found a company called CDC in Michigan (won't hold that against them even though I'm a Buckeye!) and they make Shakers for the Dodge Daytona, Ford Mustang & Ford F150....sorry I used that 4 letter word on this site....anyway I decided to contact CDC and ask them a question or two.

Have they ever done a Pontiac/GTO style Shaker Hood Scoop for a GM truck? I think the big Pontiac SuperDuty 455 Shaker would look KILLER on my Onyx Black VMaxDenali!!! :D At least from an outward perspective but that got me to thinking; how can I make this a real functional CAI and could it be better than the typical CAI's out there?

What do you guys and gals think? Have I totally lost it or would some of you SSS owners be interested in a mod of this type???

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm still trying to find a donor hood and Shaker from a Pontiac! Looked at several in the last 3-4 weeks and all are in rough condition, cracked fiberglass, missing or damaged parts, etc.

As soon as I find a suitable "donor", modification will begin to install it on the truck. Basically, it will be simple to install a non-functioning SHAKER but that is like putting lipstick on a pig! Making the SHAKER function, SUCKING AIR, will be the goal of this mod.....I'll keep you guys posted as I keep searching the bone yards and swap meets.

Jeff

Archived