EFI Live & LS1 Edit

SSminneapolis

i was thinking about purchaseing the LS1 edit program for my truck as well as the EFI Live...i was wondering how difficult it is to understand and use...also whether both of the are worth getting or just one of them...i know there are a lot of guys using the LS1 edit, but i haven't heard too much about the EFI Live program...any help would be much appreciated...

You really need both. They compliment each other with what they do. LS1Edit is strictly for programming and EFILive is really just a scanner. EFILive Pro has some bidirectional control capabilities that allow you to change certain things in your programming but, they only work while your running EFILive. Once you turn the program off everything goes back to normal. Many of the bidirectional controls don't seem to work on the trucks either since the program was made for Fbodies.

They both seem a little intimidating at first but, aren't too hard to use with a little help from others who have them. :)

I'm not sure LS1edit is out for the '03+ trucks yet in a "in truck" version. BigTex can probably shed some light on that.

John

You need them both.

LS1Edit to make the changes.

EFILive to see what they did.

I now have both, but I am still waiting for the Bench Cable for LS1Edit. The 03 trucks cannot be programmed via the in-car cable at this time. They are working on the problem, but in the mean time you have to spend some extra $$ for a Bench Cable. This means you have to unplug the computer from the vehicle and plug in the bench cable in order to up or down load. A bit of a pain and expense, but I couldn't wait any longer :D

Until I get my cable and download the program, I can't say much about how it work. I guess I should start reading the manual, huh? :rolleyes:

You need them both.

LS1Edit to make the changes.

EFILive to see what they did.

I now have both, but I am still waiting for the Bench Cable for LS1Edit. The 03 trucks cannot be programmed via the in-car cable at this time. They are working on the problem, but in the mean time you have to spend some extra $$ for a Bench Cable. This means you have to unplug the computer from the vehicle and plug in the bench cable in order to up or down load. A bit of a pain and expense, but I couldn't wait any longer :D

Until I get my cable and download the program, I can't say much about how it work. I guess I should start reading the manual, huh? :rolleyes:

I downloaded the manual and started reading it. Not too impressed. Need something that says if I do this, it will cause this - or - if I want this, then do this. I don't know that something like that exist. Although I have heard of a book out there that goes over the basics for a different vehicle and the things covered cross over to most vehicles. Anybody know of any good sources, other than forum type? Forums I hope to use to "fine" tune, not to get me started. I'm looking at getting LS1 edit when it's available in the "in truck" form.

LS1Edit is not for the faint of heart  :D  It is a bit intimidating to me too.  stupid.gif  But there do seem to be resources out there to learn from.  Try reading here LS1Edit FAQ

Just remember to take BABY steps. Check the Box Selected Fields and Multiply by small increments. Keep in mind you want smooth transitions between cells too.

You'll find some power in TQ mgmt reductions and Timing Vs IAT tables after you've adjusted the base tables...And reduced max KR to 4 degress or so.. :thumbs:

Good Luck

Archived