New wheels and tires don't look right

What's up guys. I just got my highly anticipated new 22x10 Chrome SS replicas mounted yesterday. I 1st requested 305 40's but the guy at discount said those were not recommended and said I should get 285 45's, so I did. Well now I don't really like the way the tire looks on the rim, it is not wide enough, I think the rim is actually wider than the tire. You guys with 22's, will the 305 look better and not rub and should I get them to switch them out?

Edited by northtexasSS (see edit history)

Yeah I just called and they are going to change them out for me. They told me they will probably rub and my chances are high for a blow out. I told them I didn't car as long as my truck looks good. THey are full of it. Also found that the 285's are more expensive than the 305's, so I think that is the reason they push the 285's. The 285's look like car tires on that 10' wide rim.

Good thing you are getting your tires switched out; I would not recommend a 285 on a 10" rim, the minimum tire bead width for a 10" rim (for performance/reliability reasons) is a 305. I bet the sidewalls on the 285's are stretched tighter than a mo-fo. The trick with 10" rims is to make sure the backspacing is correct, that's how you avoid the rubbing issue.

Mr. P.

Good thing you are getting your tires switched out; I would not recommend a 285 on a 10" rim, the minimum tire bead width for a 10" rim (for performance/reliability reasons) is a 305.  I bet the sidewalls on the 285's are stretched tighter than a mo-fo.  The trick with 10" rims is to make sure the backspacing is correct, that's how you avoid the rubbing issue.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: I have found 7 1/4" B.S is about perfect I think it would be a bit better if it was set right at 7" B.S. on a 22x10" wheel. I am also running 305/40/22's and have no rubbing at all with 4" of drop. I think next time I'm going to try and find a wider tire maybe a 325/35 which would be a bit shorter but thats ok with me.