Doing some minor mods

montanass

Ok, so I ordered a new Volant CAI last friday off of Ebay, I ordered some new spark plugs, NGK TR-6's and some new plug wires... MSD 8.5 mm in red :D I'm having a Magnaflow muffer put in sometime next week and I have a PCM tuned by PCM For Less. I was running 15.09 on my buddy's G-tech with just a tune. I'm hoping for mid 14's :driving: I was just sharing and wondering if you guys think I will reach my goal... and if not what else could I do that is reasonably cheap, to make it faster (within $200-300)

(i have smaller wheels, 16's, for when I get serious :lol:)

I was thinkin of performing the throttle body bypass on it, but I wasn't sure if its even worth my time... :dunno: I also may consider a lower temp thermostat but i'm kinda scepticle about it...

Underdrive pulleys - $250 with belts

E-fans - $300

Thermo - $50

I would swap out your tr6's for some tr55's though. Reducing weight is an easy free way to git nice gains on the strip. FWIW, I did the TB bypass when I was NA and it was fine. I even was in -10 ambient, cold start up numerous times. My 90TB has no means for a coolant line either. No issues.

Ok, so I ordered a new Volant CAI last friday off of Ebay, I ordered some new spark plugs, NGK TR-6's and some new plug wires... MSD 8.5 mm in red :D I'm having a Magnaflow muffer put in sometime next week and I have a PCM tuned by PCM For Less. I was running 15.09 on my buddy's G-tech with just a tune. I'm hoping for mid 14's  :driving:  I was just sharing and wondering if you guys think I will reach my goal... and if not what else could I do that is reasonably cheap, to make it faster (within $200-300)

(i have smaller wheels, 16's, for when I get serious :lol:)

I was thinkin of performing the throttle body bypass on it, but I wasn't sure if its even worth my time... :dunno:  I also may consider a lower temp thermostat but i'm kinda scepticle about it...

With my mods and on 22's, I was 1/2 a truck behind my buddies SC Harley :banghead: . I've never been to a timed track but the Harley runs 14.57 consistantly (he's stock), so you should be in the mid 14's, I would think. Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...