procharger ?

I know prochargers arent near as popular around here as the radix, but i got no answers from the site maybe cause me and technolegy dont get along but is the D1SC upgraded from the P1SC? Also for you guys that do have them do you feel like it was a purchase you would make again if you had to do it over?

I have had several procharged trucks and the kit for my VHO is sitting on the shelf waiting to go on.. I know that they come out of the box needing a little more time to the install than the radix but the they are a diffrent animal all together. The P1SC kit is a fairly good choice for a 5.3 truck and I have seen several guys make some pretty serious numbers with it.

The D1sc upgrade is an option they are similar in exterior dimensions to the P1sc and ofer the same benefit of the sealed internal oiling system. The SC oiling system is truely one of the best setups I have ever seen. They run cooler than the engine fed systems require alot less maintence and over time they have proven more reilable than the engine fed systems. The D1sc will support somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 hp and the P1sc is right about a 750 max. The Main power diffrences come off idle. The D1 flows more air from the begining it ramps up volume alot more abruptly than the P1 does.

If you would like some more specific info on the Truck kits please let me know I can send you a brocure that covers just about everything you might want to know and I can set you up with pricing as well. I will be updating my site soon to hopefully have more specific info and more details on the kits.

Good luck!

I too have one and love it. The install is pretty simple if you are mechanically enclined. The whine is a neat feature. Everyone one loves to ask the most obvious of questions "is it supercharged?" P1SC is the most common way to go for our trucks. Do it you will love it.

Wiz

I have had several procharged trucks and the kit for my VHO is sitting on the shelf waiting to go on.. I know that they come out of the box needing a little more time to the install than the radix but the they are a diffrent animal all together. The P1SC kit is a fairly good choice for a 5.3 truck and I have seen several guys make some pretty serious numbers with it.

The D1sc upgrade is an option they are similar in exterior dimensions to the P1sc and ofer the same benefit of the sealed internal oiling system. The SC oiling system is truely one of the best setups I have ever seen. They run cooler than the engine fed systems require alot less maintence and over time they have proven more reilable than the engine fed systems. The D1sc will support somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 hp and the P1sc is right about a 750 max. The Main power diffrences come off idle. The D1 flows more air from the begining it ramps up volume alot more abruptly than the P1 does.

If you would like some more specific info on the Truck kits please let me know I can send you a brocure that covers just about everything you might want to know and I can set you up with pricing as well. I will be updating my site soon to hopefully have more specific info and more details on the kits.

Good luck!

So are you saying that off the line, the D1 will come into boost sooner than the P1? That is what im having a hard time deciding between- Radix, because of the off line power or the procharger.

I like the idea of the procharger, because my truck is warrantied until 75,000 miles. If something happens to the engine or tranny, my thinking is the procharger setup would be alot easier to un-install within a few hours, compared to the Radix. Im only guessing here, but I assume I could un-install the head unit, piping and intercooler and basically appear non-molested to a GM service center. Is this right ? :confused:

Edit: If we chose a D1 for the SS, would it require any additional mods to the engine compared to going with the P1, ie: lower comp ratio, fuel pump(s) etc?

Edited by EmergencyVP1 (see edit history)

The beauty of the procharger system wit the air to air intercooler and the plumbing.. simply remove that and your bracket and you are back to stock in a matter of a few hours.. I know the radix will not void your factory warranty. I also cary magnacharger. It too is a great system However for ease of removal say you sell the truck or want to go to something else.. it is a matter of a tune and a few hours of wrenching and you are back to stealth. The other nice part is with the procharger.. it is air to air intercooling. Meaning meth is a very nice power booster that you don't have to worry about killing the coating on the blower or voiding the warranty. Plus in the top end results we have seen the procharger make quite a bit more big end power. The Radix surely has the power "under the curve" but the results we have seen with the D1 systems and even the P1 systems are phenominal. Stiff1 on the forum with tuning and 6 psi with bellanger headers, and a zippy kit went into the 12's very easily. THe beauty of it.. it spools up pretty much off idle with the 6.0's I was pretty shocked how responsive it is.

The needs for the D1 tuner kit are injectors tuning and a fuel pump upgrade is also suggested. The P1 kit is available just like the radix with injectors and a handheld tuner. Depending on your desired power level that is where you make the choice to go with the D1 and P1. The Beauty of procharger's scheme too is.. you can start off life with the P1 and if your power levels change engine mods maybe a 408.. you can simply upgrade to the larger headunit by trading yours in and about 1200 bucks delivered to your door is a brand spanking new big dog.. And the power doesn't have to stop there. For the serious racer you can even step up to the F-series blowers and move enough air to support over 1200 hp.

The Radix and the Procharger both have their pro's and con's in the end it is really in the hands of the buyer to make the choice..

One more thing.. for stealth.. you can baaaaarely hear the procharger under boost and at idle it sounds like your AC is on

Sounds sweet....So by what RPM do you see the P1 coming on, vs the D1?? Im assuming on a stock 6.0 that a person with a P1 would benefit by a stall, maybe in the 2500 range?? Or, with going to a D1, can you get by without the stall, because it's coming in earlier??

No kidding Drako, a tranny in the kit would be nice.... :D

Stiff1 and Wizard: What mods to the tranny do you have and have you had any problems with the tranny or the SC??

I have not really had any issues with the Procharger that I didn't cause myself. Other then tuning in the beginning, which Zippy fixed, my truck has run great. My tras is holding up just fine so far, but I am looking into making more boost in the future. :devil: I have a small stall, zippy shift kit, and a larger trans cooler. I really hope everything holds up since I am finally working on my exhaust now. I think my truck should be at about a 12.7 and I still have the stock catback exhaust. I would/will have another Procharger on my next vehicle for sure! :cool:

I also cant make up my mind i went for a ride in a radix charged 04 with a 2.9 pulley on it and WOW is all i can say. I just cant figure out what i want. Does anyone know the price diffrence of the 2. Thanks jason

I know the radix will not void your factory warranty.

Any modification you make, that the dealer can prove (at least to GM) caused the problem can result in a denied warranty claim. You can appeal to GM, but they pretty much take the dealers word for it. :icon_bs:

You can also get a suplemental warranty from Magnacharger, but read the fine print first. Lots of weasel wording which pretty much says it must be installed by an ASE certified mechanic and no other mods or racing can be done.

...The D1 flows more air from the begining it ramps up volume alot more abruptly than the P1 does. ...

Do you have boost curves to compare the D1 against the P1? How much boost would the D1 be making if the truck had a 2800-rpm converter?

Mr. P.