3rd alignment after 2" drop

Simon

Hey guys, I know this is an old question but I've done the shackles and torsions keys and so far it's always pulling to the right. Has any one with keys been able to get a straight alignment for more than a month?

I was thinking to have it aligned toward the left side a little bit. I know spindles would be a lot better but any suggestion besides spindles :dunno:

IT's kind of annoying, having to hold the steering towards the left. Maybe 15-20 degrees toward the left side. But you know what, i'll play with the torsions keys adjustements, I noticed the truck went lower by 1/4 inch on that side. I've cranked that side by one turn, it'll probably correct that. Gotta ride it a bit and see :smash:

Tires are brand new...but I did it with my old set of goodyear and it changed things I can confirm that.

If the wheels are straight in the front then it might just be the height of one side making the difference, I'm telling ya those torsions keys are not the best things...when I see a deal, i'll just grab the spindles for sure :sigh:

Now one more turn to see. it's actually getting better with that other turn from this morning.

I don't have the specs but i can tell ya it's exactly the same as before the alignment. :dunno:

Tires are brand new...but I did it with my old set of goodyear and it changed things I can confirm that.

If the wheels are straight in the front then it might just be the height of one side making the difference, I'm telling ya those torsions keys are not the best things...when I see a deal, i'll just grab the spindles for sure :sigh:

Now one more turn to see. it's actually getting better with that other turn from this morning.

I don't have the specs but i can tell ya it's exactly the same as before the alignment.  :dunno:

remeber to move the truck after every ajustment so the suspension can settle

• 2 weeks later...

For the majority of the GM 1500 series trucks, they will need a -1.0 to -1.5 caster split. The GM trucks really like to follow to the right.

If you ever get an alignment spec sheet for your truck after the alignment, be sure to check out your caster split. It's usually located in the middle of the alignment specs.

A caster split that is bearly negative(i.e. -0.5), 0.0, or anything positive will make the truck pull to the right. The minumum that I would allow would be a -0.8 caster split on a truck.

Note: An AWD truck will allow a little more lower negative caster split due to the front wheels pulling all of the time.

Jim

Edited by CHEVY6000VHO (see edit history)