New GM parts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we got the L92 head at work today and it looks like no previous LS intake stock or aftermarket will work with it. I was hoping the aluminim Weiand manifold I just got was going to beable to work but with the port raised so much on the L92 head the manifold doesn't even cover the top corner of the port. There for you are limited to the factory plastic manifold if you can get a hold of one or a custom intake. We have connections at Holly/Weiand so we are going to see if they are interested in desiging a new aluminum manifold for this style intake port.

Well I just got off the phone with our contact at Holly performace and I gave him the part # for the heads and he is going to talk with some of the guys there and see about getting a head to take a look at and see about designing an aluminum intake for the L92 heads. For those of you who care :dunno:

I understand that there is a minimum BORE size for theses heads. There is a good thread on ls1tech about using these heads. I guess there will be a number of things to work out on them, like cam. pushrods. etc. The price is right though.

CD

I understand that there is a minimum BORE size for theses heads. There is a good thread on ls1tech about using these heads. I guess there will be a number of things to work out on them, like cam. pushrods. etc.  The price is right though.

CD

Yes I have read that thread. It looks as if the minimum bore size is 4.000" which will only effect those guys who don't have a 6.0. The numbers they have shown for a 4.030" bore are pretty impressive.

EDIT: anything smaller than a 4.000" bore and the intake valve will come in contact with the deck of the block.

Well I just placed an order today with the local dealership to see about getting that intake manifold, so we will see if they can get it.

It's pretty funny when you give the dealer a part # and it comes up with very little info and they just kinda sit there like uhhhh whats this??? :lol:

Well I just placed an order today with the local dealership to see about getting that intake manifold, so we will see if they can get it.

It's pretty funny when you give the dealer a part # and it comes up with very little info and they just kinda sit there like uhhhh whats this???  :lol:

Jon, im assuming this is the L-76 car intake??? If so, I have heard that they flow better than a fast intake.

It's pretty funny when you give the dealer a part # and it comes up with very little info and they just kinda sit there like uhhhh whats this???  :lol:

Jon, im assuming this is the L-76 car intake??? If so, I have heard that they flow better than a fast intake.

Yes it is and yes it only makes sence that if flows better than the FAST intake because the ports are easily twice the size of the FAST ports.

if you can get the holden style intake that thing is hot right now pm a price onhow much it ends up being!!

LOL if I can get it then I will be selling them on e-bay.

yeah no kidding , well at least pm a part # so i can see what i can come up with. im thinking ofdoing the heads and that intake , cant go wrong for the $$$