Yea I was at 20000 miles and I had just got done messing with a Hemi and stop for gas and when I took off it jolted! I got out looked around and was like WTF and then got back in and kept driving and it did it again so I just steped on it and it shot two peices out the rear pumpkin. Dealership replaced under warranty LUCKY for me they said it came apart. :sigh:

Two weeks ago, Mine took a dump too. I got the 10-bolt with 3:73 gears. The G-80 came apart and took out two teeth on the ring gear. They replaced it with a yukon posi (same design as an eaton). The tech told me this is common with the factory G-80 posi. Mine came apart @ 30mph and it started rolling.

the spider gears were fine. The roll pin that holds the axles back was in two pieces. The case was cracked too. It was covered under warranty too!! :cool:

Two weeks ago, Mine took a dump too. I got the 10-bolt with 3:73 gears. The G-80 came apart and took out two teeth on the ring gear. They replaced it with a yukon posi (same design as an eaton). The tech told me this is common with the factory G-80 posi. Mine came apart @ 30mph and it started rolling.

the spider gears were fine. The roll pin that holds the axles back was in two pieces. The case was cracked too. It was covered under warranty too!! :cool:

I have never played with a Chevy rear assembly,...are the roll pins defective? was there a service bullitin on this? All I need is for the rear to let loose :banghead:

I have never played with a Chevy rear assembly,...are the roll pins defective? was there a service bullitin on this? All I need is for the rear to let loose :banghead:

Defective is a good word for the G-80 Gov-lock rearend. In better words it's a piece of sh!t. This is why I replaced mine before it went out.

Defective is a good word for the G-80 Gov-lock rearend. In better words it's a piece of sh!t. This is why I replaced mine before it went out.

do i have to worry about this :confused: i have 2006 V-max and i counted 14 bolts on the rear end.. everything is supposed to be heavy duty on my truck :dunno:

i don't want to risk blowing my rear-end on the street or track?..

mine just broke last sat while racing a ls1 camaro, i sprayed it from a stop and all he#% broke loose!! hand grinaded the locker! replaced with a eaton pro posi, gm gear and all new bearings. hope this one holds up???? and also rolled the sprag in trans too, so i installed a t/b converter,alto extra wide 2-4 band, 9 friction clutch,vacume modulator kit, and shift kit, hopin to see some faster times too??? :driving:

do i have to worry about this :confused: i have 2006 V-max and i counted 14 bolts on the rear end.. everything is supposed to be heavy duty on my truck :dunno:

i don't want to risk blowing my rear-end on the street or track?..

You still have a sh!tty gov-lock

is the gov-lock the weak link or is there still something i should worry about?.

it's under warranty so if it doe's blow will they not cover it just for a couple mods?

like CAI, headers/duels, tune, t-stat.. that all i'm planning on for now..

thanks for the info :thumbs:

is the gov-lock the weak link or is there still something i should worry about?.

it's under warranty so if it doe's blow will they not cover it just for a couple mods?

You'll be fine, Don't forget the law is actually on your side when it comes to aftermarket parts.

I think since being AWD,...it has delayed any issues for me. I still am throwing 300+HP through it though (at the wheels). 300 to the rear, 200 to the front.

What did you replace Jonmalibuss? and what would you do differently now that you did the modification? I see some preventive maintenance in my future :smash:

You'll be fine, Don't forget the law is actually on your side when it comes to aftermarket parts.

i can't forget what i don't know! :jester: but seriously i have no idea about any law's on the matter :dunno: i thought dealerships would use any exscuse not to repair a vehicle :confused: what doe's the law state about aftermarket parts :dunno:

i'd appreciate the info, never know when it would come in handy.

thanks in advance :cheers:

There has been alot of issues with that Ive been told a couple law suits too! What Im hearing is some people argue it only voids what u have modified like say u lowered ur truck then that just means ur warraty does cover any suspensoin components! Im not sure but thats what I heard so u know how that goes! But more info on what happen to my rearend they said my locker pretty much came apart and started shooting teeth out the back! It also destroyed my bearings