even the 70 sux

:mad: I'm pissed off and can't understand why GM trannys can't handle power mods! :mad:

My truck has <13k on it. I had the motor built, picked it up on a Friday, drove around town, took it to the track the following Wednesday (last week) and it was slipping and dogging off the line. My 60's went UP .4-.7seconds and at the turn around it would rev up to 2600ish before it would roll out. Temps were the highest ever @180'!

Today I brought it to the local tranny Guru who built up others for me and does a ton of race cars/custom work. He says it feels "soft but driveable" yet it's slipping under heavy load...which I knew. :banghead:

Now the REAL problem is either:

Burn it out, as is, and hope that I'm not stuck up north during the winter months only to hace another P.O.S. GM tranny covered under warranty

OR

Spend $2k now, to have it built up billet with a converter, "hardened shell" and whateverthef**kelse he was saying....trannys are like trig to me, I don't understand how it works and it hurts my head to try; "planetaries" and "sunshine what's"? FWIW he suggested a 10.5", multi-clutch, 2800 TC and that I understand.

WTF would you do? :banghead:

Didn't even get 1 week from this damn 470-joke-shit! :puke:

/rant off

I know *exactly* what you mean; my first SS mod was a completely bullet-proofed 4L60E, shift kit, servos, 2800-converter, & cooler. It was a total pisser, and NOT cheap but I have honestly enjoyed every single day of the truck since. The only upside for you is that you might not have to spend nearly as much in internal parts as the 4L70E already comes with 5-pinion planets and a couple other hardened parts (sorry for the Tranny Trig).

Mr. P.

driving stype plays a big role in the life of a tranny. I know I am on my second one too, but how hard are you beating on it??

onece it is fully built then you should feel better, but still worry about how you beat on it JMO

driving stype plays a big role in the life of a tranny.  I know I am on my second one too, but how hard are you beating on it?? 

onece it is fully built then you should feel better, but still worry about how you beat on it JMO

Nah, I didn't beat it to death in just 5 days. It was the 6 passes at the drags, I watched my 60's and trap times go up steadily.

I thought the VMax pkg was rated for like 10,000lbs, good luck w/that! It should have an 80 in it. Gm is still cheaping out on the 1/2 ton truck trannys but their truck division is their most solid product...try to figure that one out. :confused:

It sux. Do the Lightnings blow up tranny's this often? I doubt it.

:mad: I'm pissed off and can't understand why GM trannys can't handle power mods!  :mad:

My truck has <13k on it. I had the motor built, picked it up on a Friday, drove around town, took it to the track the following Wednesday (last week) and it was slipping and dogging off the line. My 60's went UP .4-.7seconds and at the turn around it would rev up to 2600ish before it would roll out. Temps were the highest ever @180'!

Today I brought it to the local tranny Guru who built up others for me and does a ton of race cars/custom work. He says it feels "soft but driveable" yet it's slipping under heavy load...which I knew. :banghead:

Now the REAL problem is either:

Burn it out, as is, and hope that I'm not stuck up north during the winter months only to hace another P.O.S. GM tranny covered under warranty

OR

Spend $2k now, to have it built up billet with a converter, "hardened shell" and whateverthef**kelse he was saying....trannys are like trig to me, I don't understand how it works and it hurts my head to try; "planetaries" and "sunshine what's"? FWIW he suggested a 10.5", multi-clutch, 2800 TC and that I understand.

WTF would you do?  :banghead:

Didn't even get 1 week from this damn 470-joke-shit!  :puke:

/rant off

Pull the pan and turn up the EPC Solonoid 1/4 turn

Do you still have all of the tq mgt in your tune? I believe the only confirmed difference for the 70 was a hardened input shaft. Do you have a larger cooler, better fluid?

If I built my motor, then next in line would be the tranny. You really didn't expect the tranny to last that long with extra power and time at the track did you? I would get a built 80 and do the swap. It will be the only way to get anywhere close to "bulletproof".

Sorry for your luck.