Older SS Concept

MilleniumSS03

Does anyone remember that old reg cab SS concept? The one with the C5 rear lights in the tailgate and the c5 exhaust system? It has been a long time since that pic came out but I remember it was a sweet truck! Of course they never made it but it was nice. Oh yeah I forgot, Chevy shows us all the good stuff then doesnt produce it! :D

You must be thinking of the 2000 SS concept. It 6.6L aluminum LS1 which made 480hp and 475ft/lbs of torque. Is this the one your talking about?

sst.jpg

I really like the Cool-Side I and the Cool-side II.

The CSI had a 502cui, 8.3L engine that produced 536hp and 605 ft/lbs.

Here is a pic of it.

coolside1a.jpg

The Cool-Side II is my dream truck. It had a modded 8.1L iron block, Al head engine. It made 575hp and 605 ft/lbs of torque.

0-60 in 5.5s and 1/4 mile at 12.88 sec at 106 mph.

coolside2b.jpg

For more info on all three go here.

The one you are talking about was in the Motor Trend Buyers Guide. I have it in my lap right now. It had the step-side bed with 395 HP and 409 TQ. 4 speed auto, but 1/4 mile time were 14.2, 0-60 was 5.6. There was nothing in the article about price.

That would be a decent starting point, but I would still want to add a supercharger to compete with the L.

You must be thinking of the 2000 SS concept. It 6.6L aluminum LS1 which made 480hp and 475ft/lbs of torque. Is this the one your talking about?

sst.jpg

I really like the Cool-Side I and the Cool-side II.

The CSI had a 502cui, 8.3L engine that produced 536hp and 605 ft/lbs.

Here is a pic of it.

coolside1a.jpg

The Cool-Side II is my dream truck. It had a modded 8.1L iron block, Al head engine. It made 575hp and 605 ft/lbs of torque.

0-60 in 5.5s and 1/4 mile at 12.88 sec at 106 mph.

coolside2b.jpg

For more info on all three go here.

I love that red one

Archived