Is it normal on a Radix powered SS....

I am wondering whats up here. I have my Radix installed with a 3" pulley making around 7.5PSI of boost. When I punch it (or brake stall) off the line, I dont even get a CHIRP of the tires. Going around a corner WOT barely squeeks the tires. Keep in mind I have 22" rims and 305/45/22 Toyo Proxes. I rode in Chase's Vortech powered truck, and that thing broke loose no problem off the line and around a corner. I would expect a roots blower that provides full boost off idle to do the same... if not more? But I cant event get a squeek. I also have a Yank TT2600 stall that flashes to 3000-3100rpms also... doesnt make sense :confused: Is this normal with you other Radix guys?

Yeah I am AWD. As far as my tune goes, its pretty dialed in. The guy who tuned it used a wideband and has the timing at around 17-18* WOT with no knock. That is pretty good, and is about what most Radix guys use with the smaller pulleys.

Maybe I have some TQ management in my ECU still? I dont know...

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

I've got 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes S/Ts, 2.9" pulley, and I don't break the tires loose either...  With the stock tires there were a few times that I was able to spin them, but not now...

Justin

I am wondering if the Toyo Proxes hook up really good.... that might be the reason. If you cant break 20's loose, and I have 22's... that makes sense. I dont care about lighting them up anyways, its better that it doesnt (less noise to attract cops) but I guess I assume its not making as much power as other guys if it doesnt have the power to spin em off the line. Maybe its only guys with 3000+ stall's that can do it? My Yank 2600 stalls to 3000... but the 3000 stall guys can flash to 3400 I am assuming.... enough to spin the tires off the line pretty good possibly :confused:

wekk yoiur rims are pretty heavy , that could be one of the things, my 22's are a good bit lighter being forged. but i would think your truck shoulc /could break em loose too. i dont know if the extra power of the cam i had and the higher stall helped me but i can easily break them loose. and i have to say it is fun with awd.

Well, I'm sure your Toyos have a far better grip than the CRAP Goodyears, they're so bad that N/A with a TCS 2800 converter I had no problem getting the truck to bark all four Goodyears going into 2nd. I now have Pirelli Scorpions 295-45R20s and as yet have not been able to even get a squeak out of them around a corner, so if your tires are like mine I'm sure that you are seeing the same kind of improvement in traction.

I went on a joyride with BSER, we tore off out of the Hooter's parking lot and we were all over the place :lol::thumbs: His Radix makes 8-lbs.

Mr. P. :)

Didnt I just read about you stomping on some LS1 corvettes in another thread? As long as you are beating, hanging with low 13's high 12's cars, who cares? LOl. I can't wait until I get my radix installed. From experience with tires though, I think everyone is right with your tires being sticky and wheels being heavy.

Didnt I just read about you stomping on some LS1 corvettes in another thread?  As long as you are beating, hanging with low 13's high 12's cars, who cares?  LOl.  I can't wait until I get my radix installed.  From experience with tires though, I think everyone is right with your tires being sticky and wheels being heavy.

Haha, I know what you are saying. But now that I am used to the power, now I am trying to squeeze any little bit more out of it I can.. lol. I am already planning on some long tubes and a GT2-3 cam ... and ditching the crappy flowmaster exhaust! After that is all done.. I will probably want more!!! I knew supercharging it wouldnt keep me happy for long.. and this is going to be a never ending project! :banghead::banghead:

When I ran the 3.0 pulley, cam, 3000 stall, full exhaust etc. I could "chirp" the tires from a stand still. After extensive dyno tuning and the 2.8 I could light them up with ease. Now, with the 305/50 KDW's (stickier) and heavy wheels, I can have them spin for about 30-40 ft. If the road is wet, forget it, its like a 2wd truck.