Silvania Silverstars

I've had these bulbs in my truck for some time now and it seems like they don't last for shiznits! :banghead: I swear I've changed out at least 3 bulbs this year. That can't be normal. I mean don't get me wrong, I like the light output compared to stock, but is anyone else unhappy with the reliability of these bulbs?

About ready to purchase some HID's instead. :dunno:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard lots of stories of them not lasting like you speak i had one set for high beams but i sold them, go with hid lights , i know iwas more than happy with mine, i do however have silversta drl's and turn signals!

I'm done with them, doing very extensive research on HID's.  :D

Either going with Phillips or Mc Culloch 6000k.  :thumbs:

You'll be happy with them. HID are teh way to go, atlest untill we get the LED headlights that are on a few concept cars.

Alex,

Are you making sure to not touch the actual bulb part with your hands? I've heard touch the bulb with your hands will cause the bulb to have a shorter life...I've had a pair last over 2 years on my last silverado (2002)...

i have problems with my daytime driving lights always burning out quickly...Seems like my passenger side always go out every 6 months.

i have had mine going on 3 yrs. now and no problem at all... :dunno:

:seeya:

Three years on the same set?? :dunno:

same set :thumbs:

maybe just lucky...

:seeya:

ALSO.. on passenger side DRL's i heard there was a voltage issue at the socket. it was higher then the left one. someone said to find a replacement bulb that is good for 14 volts. this was a couple of years ago... i have the amber long life and no problems ..

good luck

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)