Will this ram air work

srtSSsvt121

Will this...

vr6lg1.gif

Fit over this ....I already cut a hole in the bottom of it......

200-112-1-LG.jpg

and this hosing

200-919-LG.jpg

Look real closely, or would if used the raram air filter for it, which i dont want to do. I just want more ram air. :happysad:

What do you think?

varam air website

Maybe I am missing something here.. but how the hell does that Veraram thing hook up to the motor????

Also, I was looking on their website... they have dyno charts showing a 30 HP increase after just an intake, and promise a reduction of 1 second in 0-60 runs... I smell BS.. !!!

Maybe I am missing something here.. but how the hell does that Veraram thing hook up to the motor???? 

Also, I was looking on their website... they have dyno charts showing a 30 HP increase after just an intake, and promise a reduction of 1 second in 0-60 runs... I smell BS.. !!!

they alkso used to say that but if it didnt you get your money back , that was quickly removed after the intake did so well :lol: .

Their website says that they will buy the intake back if you dont get the results they claim?? I wonder if anyone has tried this thing and have seen actual results... heres a quote from their website:

"We guarantee that you will see at least a 1/2-to a full second drop off of your 0-60 MPH times over factory stock no matter which GM truck or SUV you have or VR will buy the system back, but we are going even further, We guarantee that you will gain at least a full ? second ?OVER ANY OTHER? after market air induction system or we will buy the unit back. We at VaraRam chose a very conservative performance improvement figure that we knew ANY truck or SUV (whether V-6 or V-8) would see based on our test data from our competitors products in real world conditions rather than a dyno. You will also see a fuel mileage improvement from the system; usually this is about 2-3mpg over factory stock. The heavier and slower the vehicle the stronger the gains EX: when towing a 5,000lb trailer with the same 2004 6.0 test mule we were seeing the 0-60 mph times drop by 3-3.5 seconds (21.3-21.5 to 17.8-18.3 seconds) fuel mileage rose to 10 mpg from 5-6mpg when towing."

Those claims are just total BS...I have never seen an intake make that much of an improvement without some type of tuning and/or other upgrades. Any people on this site try this intake yet?

(not that I really care because I am FI now, but still.. I hate companies who claim BS information to sell a product)