Mechanical mistakes

zippy

and then one of the damn local cats decides to play bite my toes. I jump hit my head on the frame lift my arm to curse the cat...my arm becomes one with the already heated catalytic converter....goddamn cat....

LMAO! :crackup: this part got me good! :crackup:

i've got a few not that funny though...

first was when i was 16 i had a 75 maverick with a 302, one day it overheated because it had a small leak and i forgot to add water, so i pull over to a station because i can tell it's overheated even though the temp gauge went dead???... i go ahead and remove the radiator cap... and then BOOM! the cap flys up about 30ft!.. my arm gets hit with a burst of superheated steam!.. that lasted about 30-40 seconds, guessing thats why the temp gauge didn't read anything? :banghead: all the water had boiled into steam and left the system bone dry!. my forearm was scolded badly.. now one of the first things i do to any car i own (if applicable) is add a pressure release cap :uhoh:

second one i remember is when i was 17, i bought a nice 67 mustang with a 289/4-spd for $700 you go find one for under $7000 now!.. (lol this was only 10 years ago) anyway it ran great but after 5-10 miles it would die out.. and wouldn't start again for an hour or two, so i change the alternator, and no good. so my dad tells me it might have a compression problem, so being new to cars and figuring my dad must be right i decide to swap out the engine.

i find a 69 mustang with a 351w 4bbl 290hp motor complete for $400 so i buy it have the 351w rebuilt with an RV cam, rebuilt or replaced everything on it. put the 289 in the 69 and still got my $400 back.. i then have the 351 installed in the mustang and it has the same problem!!!..

after asking a few people they tell me change the "voltage regulator" well problem solved, with a big "THANKS" to my dad.. but thats not the end of the story, now i'm completly broke i've put every dollar i had into it, and my "NEW" engine is shakeing and idleing rough... i cant figure it out for 2 days i get aggrevated and put it in the classifieds... the day the paper came out i decide to go "get on it" before the guy comes with the cash... so i go and get on it hard for about 5-10 minutes... and wouldn't you know when i pull up to my house i realize something?... it's idleing realy nice and it stoped shakeing!... whoops, i forgot to break in the CAM!.. well ten minutes later the guy came and offered me $1500 more then i had in it, so it was sold.. and the sad part is it was pretty fast too :tear: oh well you live and learn

:edit: sorry about the double post my pc froze and some how it posted twice?...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I had my first car, I was installing my CAI on a cold winter day. I finished the install, went to start the car , slipped on a patch of ice and jammed a screw driver into the arm rest on the drivers door panel. :banghead:

Archived