Need opinions!

r8rs4lf

Thats a nice set up. I know the SSBC does not like drilled rotors they feel they are weak and crack over long period. I dont know that I would pay that much for standard caliper brakes. I would look into calipers with opposing pistons for the money.

I have not seen anyone do the Brembos you may want to give them a try.

Here is the Brembo Catalog in PDF. go to page #9 and look at the options.

I dont know the price but I would say it would cost $5k for the Brembos (thats each axle). I have a friend with a Porche and her car brakes great they use a Brembo design as do the new Ferrari's

If I was going with the SSBC. I would get the Force 10 kit. They have a kit for our trucks and I like their rotors better than Baers. Remember 20" or larger wheels need the brake upgrades.

Edited by Barney (see edit history)

I found the Brembo kit on the Lingenfelter site, they are not cheep.I wanna get them soooo bad. Ive got baer 6s on my 04 denali and they work like no other.Ive had baer brakes on both my 03 SS and the 04 D. Also look at the Willwood kits.

Eric

sorry guys but new to site,im sure topic has come up before but i just bought a 06 and see it has rear drum brakes.whats up with that.i thought this was a ss.can someone tell me whats up with that.

I'm thinking about doing a brake upgrade soon and I kind of wanted something different since ALOT of people did the Baer brakes. What do you guys think of SSBC?

Front kit

$1425.00

269.jpg

Rear kit

$1395.00

267.jpg

I got ordered a set of SSBC Brakes. I should have them by mid next week, but I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get them installed. I wanted them because they are different then what you normally see. I'll let you guys know how they turn out.