started the ls1 conversion in the 88 bird

whats up guys the ls1 conversion is underway in the 88 formula firebird. my question is im using a pro products ls1 intake ported out a litte stock ls1 heads ported gasket matching the manifolds along with that im gonna run a comp cam 566/586 lift cam. i will be running a walbro 255lph intanker and when i really wana have some fun ill have a little n2o to spray. along with that a 3500 stall will be in the mix. will my stock injectors be enough to run this motor? i hate to get this thing running and tuned and come to find out im starving fuel.. i did that once lol on the truck. first time out guess what running lean. i dont wana do that again. i am going to be running a afpr to help control the fp a little. i think from what ive read our stock injectors are 25 lbs? think i should step up to a 36-42# to be safe?

Lets see some pics. I have a brand new LS1 here at my shop and a 86 F-bird, I've been thinking of doing the swap, just dont have time right this second. If I do it I'm gonna use the Edelbrock carb set up

If you do that, use the edelbrock manifold, but please, please, please do not use the edelbrock carb. They are the old Carter AFB design and lack the quality, and not to be harsh, well, maybe, they are complete garbage for anything above a stock grocery getter level. They are not performance tuned at all. your best bet would be either a demon or holley dominator carb with mechanical secondaries. Some people say the demon is easier to tune than the holley, but I think it is personal preference.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)