axle shims

Holty

has anyone seen this topic over at pt.net yet? its very comical how people are going back and fourth about which way the shim is supposed to be facing to correct for pinion angle after lowering the truck. i'm sure misterp has something to add to that discussion.

:dunno::crackup:

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=373595

has anyone seen this topic over at pt.net yet?  its very comical how people are going back and fourth about which way the shim is supposed to be facing to correct for pinion angle after lowering the truck.  i'm sure misterp has something to add to that discussion.

:dunno:  :crackup:

If you know the correct answer, then why didn't you post it?

I see that you ask a lot of questions there as well. If you know the correct answer to the question, then post it.

Nothing funny about it really. These are forums to learn, not make fun of. IMO

Sorry to crash the party here, but lowering trucks isn't anything anything I have hands on knowledge of.

I would have liked to know the correct answer to it as well.

Jim

has anyone seen this topic over at pt.net yet?  its very comical how people are going back and fourth about which way the shim is supposed to be facing to correct for pinion angle after lowering the truck.  i'm sure misterp has something to add to that discussion.

I see that you ask a lot of questions there as well. If you know the correct answer to the question, then post it.

Sorry to crash the party here, but lowering trucks isn't anything anything I have hands on knowledge of.

Jim

dude, TRUST ME, i'm not making fun of anyone. The only reason i thought it was comical is because the CORRECT answer has been posted there a few times, just as 04CHASE said in the above post.

FAT end towards the FRONT! :cheers:

Edited by Holty (see edit history)

Doesn't it depend on the type of drop though? If you "just" do shackles only, then the pinion will definately be pointing more towards the ground.

If you do hangers & shackles, the pinion may or may not be the same way. It could face more upward. Not sure, but it was a guess.

If it is pointing one way or the other, the shims would need to be either placed in from the front or from the back.

That's why I really didn't know what was correct and what was not.

Your truck has hangers and shackles. So is it possible your pinion angle would be pointing in a different angle than a truck with just shackles?

That's where my confusion lies at.

Jim

Jim

Damn, like that??????????? :dunno::crackup:

Doesn't it depend on the type of drop though? If you "just" do shackles only, then the pinion will definately be pointing more towards the ground.

If you do hangers & shackles, the pinion may or may not be the same way. It could face more upward. Not sure, but it was a guess.

If it is pointing one way or the other, the shims would need to be either placed in from the front or from the back.

That's why I really didn't know what was correct and what was not.

Your truck has hangers and shackles. So is it possible your pinion angle would be pointing in a different angle than a truck with just shackles?

That's where my confusion lies at.

Jim

You are correct it really depends on the drop and exactly where everything is placed.