SS Bumper on my non SS 03

Hey guys, anyone here have a non SS that they put the SS bumper on. I went and bought the cover and intake ducts from the dealership, is there any trick to installing this stuff and making it look right? any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Tom

2003 Silverado

2003 Tahoe

2002 Silverado

1999 Denali

1970 El camino

1967 Chevelle

1966 Chevelle SS

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, anyone here have a non SS that they put the SS bumper on. I went and bought the cover and intake ducts from the dealership, is there any trick to installing this stuff and making it look right? any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Tom

2003 Silverado

2003 Tahoe

2002 Silverado

1999 Denali

1970 El camino

1967 Chevelle

1966 Chevelle SS

Hey did you ever get anywhere with this? I wanna try it, what part #'s exactly did you buy? I know the ss part list is up on thsi site somewhere.

--

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, hot66ss

If your still interested or need the help.....

Take out front grill, pops right out with a little help, unit is all one piece. Pull the lower gray portion of the bumper off including the fog lights if you have them. ( 2 nuts on each fog light, 5 plastic reusable rivits on the bottom of the metal part of the bumper in the center, couple of screws on each outside edge)

Slide bumper cover over bumper, will fit right on, it is a snug fit which is nice, I drilled 2 holes in the inside of the front fender wells were the cover fits over the edge of the bumper, One is in the metel part of the bumber the other in the black plastic top on the bumper, did the same thing on the top center portion of the cover where it would be hidden by the grill( 3 holes). Then install plastic plugs (the kind sometimes used to hold interior panels on) Then re-install 5 push style plastic rivits on the bottom of the bumper. The ducts mount right to the two studs that the fog lights came off of. Last but not least support the bottom portion of the bumper with some metal flat stock bent to reach from the back of the cover to the frame rail horns.

Job done!!!! :D

This asumes you already have the bumper painted, any more ?'s feel free to ask. I did do this install myself.

Jeff

Thanks for the info guys, I just got back from the body shop check it out, bumper is on, door handles, mirrors, tail gate handle are painted to match side trim and emblems shaved, billet grill in both the grill and the ss bumper and intake openings and billet bowtie, now it has a little looks to back up the hypertech, exhaust and intake. All it needs now is wheels and tires (looking for SS wheels) and some Tv's and sound system work like my 02 and this baby will be rockin! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

to jmf3369:

so... you drilled holes thru the cover and thru the black plastic cap? and everything is hidden?

Got any pics?

I am getting an Avalanche and plan on installing the SS cover. Over on FSC, there is a guy that installed the SS cover and reinstalled the fog lights -seen thru the ducts.

Does any one know the part numbers of the front ducts?

Thanks

Fish-man

Archived