Radix SS vs. Viper SRT-10 truck

punkt71

Earlier today I went out to go to the bank and Ralphs with my little bro. When I am about to turn into the shopping center, I see the same bright ass yellow SRT-10 quad cab truck with a massive snake sticker on his tailgate and "VIPER POWERED" emblems and stickers all over the place that I have seen before. I saw this guy a couple of months ago, and tried to get him to race me before I was supercharged, but he looked over at me and shook his head like he was too cool in his Viper truck.

THIS time I wasnt going to let him off so easy. I got next to him and motioned to roll down his window. He was with his g/f, and I think he thought i was trying to hit her up.. it was kinda funnny. Anyways, I said to him some stuff to make him wanna go this time... I said 'hey, is that VIPER powered? So it must be really fast huh?' and he shook his head, saying ya... then I said 'Let me give that thing a shot when these cars go .. wait for them to clear up and lets run, I bet I can take that thing' and he said lets do it.

We waited for the cars to clear up ahead (suprisingly NO ONE honked at us while we were holdin up traffic.. LOL) and he punched it before me. He got about 1/4 of a car before I punched it, and I immedietly pulled side by side. I heard his tires chirp going into 2nd (Are the QC's automatic only??) and when I shifted to 2nd, I started pulling HARD on him... I pulled about 1/2 a car length (only went to about 50-60 at this time) and I know it was ready to keep pulling FAST when some dumbass element makes a right turn on red INTO MY lane in front of me and I had to let off. I know if that didnt happen I was about ready to pull 2-3 cars by 80-90 no problem, maybe even more. I was flying past him quick....

Didnt get another chance, he made a quick left at another light and that was that. For a 500hp "Viper" truck, it wasnt too impressive. I hope I can run him again soon....

:driving:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All QC's are automatic. And how can you say it was not impressive? Look at all the work you have done to your truck, and you barely had him beat.

You said you had him by 1/2 a truck at 50-60, how do you know you would have pulled him by 2 - 3 truck lengths?

I say good kill, but you should be impressed with a 500hp HEAVIER truck, keeping up with your highly modded SSS. :thumbs:

All QC's are automatic. And how can you say it was not impressive? Look at all the work you have done to your truck, and you barely had him beat.

You said you had him by 1/2 a truck at 50-60, how do you know you would have pulled him by 2 - 3 truck lengths?

I say good kill, but you should be impressed with a 500hp HEAVIER truck, keeping up with your highly modded SSS. :thumbs:

It wasnt that impressive, son. The "VIPER" truck has 2 more cylinders, and probably doesnt weight much more (if not the same) and has about the same HP as my truck does with the blower I would imagine. Not to mention it is 2WD, which equates to less drivetrain loss than my AWD. I also dont think my SS is "heavily modded" as it only has a bolt on blower making 6psi, headers, exhaust, and a tune. I have a LOT more to do here in the future.

Sure, I had him by 1/2 lengths by 50 or so (wasnt looking at speedo, but I JUST shifted out of 1st, and barely in 2nd when I let off). But I started BEHIND him.... and when I let off I was literally pulling from him HARD... when his tires chirped going into 2nd, I was already passing him quick. I know if I didnt have to let off, I was about ready to leave him wayyy back there.

And 1stdodge, what about the guy on here who has an SS with only an intake/exhaust and kept up with the VIPER truck ?

:devil:

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

A kill is a kill :thumbs:

The only way Dodge could make their truck fast is with the Viper engine, we all know how quick the Hemi is :jester:

It wasnt that impressive, son. The "VIPER" truck has 2 more cylinders, and probably doesnt weight much more (if not the same) and has about the same HP as my truck does with the blower I would imagine. Not to mention it is 2WD, which equates to less drivetrain loss than my AWD. I also dont think my SS is "heavily modded" as it only has a bolt on blower making 6psi, headers, exhaust, and a tune. I have a LOT more to do here in the future.

Sure, I had him by 1/2 lengths by 50 or so (wasnt looking at speedo, but I JUST shifted out of 1st, and barely in 2nd when I let off). But I started BEHIND him.... and when I let off I was literally pulling from him HARD... when his tires chirped going into 2nd, I was already passing him quick. I know if I didnt have to let off, I was about ready to leave him wayyy back there.

And 1stdodge, what about the guy on here who has an SS with only an intake/exhaust and kept up with the VIPER truck ?

:devil:

You also have a built Tranny, which makes a big difference when racing. Do not get me wrong I think it is great you beat him, but you are not racing stock vs. stock either.

To be driving a blown SS with a Tranny, Headers, Exhaust, and a tune you should be able to beat a stock SRT!

I still say good job and any fast truck is cool with me, even if it blows my doors off. :thumbs:

The SRT Qc is about 600lbs more than SSS AWD.

Edited by 1stdodge (see edit history)

I say great kill anytime you can lay the smack down on a dodge i say :flag: especially a v10 awesome. That thing has 2 more cylinders and has 500 hp. We dont have that kind of power. With a blower i think were still a little short but still beat em :thumbs:

Most SRT10 trucks I see run are way faster top end as compared to out of the hole. They are top end chargers.

Except for the black one in the video in the racing thread.

:lol:

What the heck was THAT?

;)

Good for you to beat the SRT10, it's the measuring stick for trucks right now it seems? Blown SS vs SRT10 quad cab seems like a pretty even race!

Ever been to the track yet? I wonder what you will run?