Radix SS vs. Viper SRT-10 truck

punkt71

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you to beat the SRT10, it's the measuring stick for trucks right now it seems? Blown SS vs SRT10 quad cab seems like a pretty even race!

Well, I wouldnt call it even... to be honest, I was pulling past him like when I would race a Civic in the SS before it was blown :lol: I usually say a race is even if we are dead even... :jester:

Good for you to beat the SRT10, it's the measuring stick for trucks right now it seems? Blown SS vs SRT10 quad cab seems like a pretty even race!

Well, I wouldnt call it even... to be honest, I was pulling past him like when I would race a Civic in the SS before it was blown :lol: I usually say a race is even if we are dead even... :jester:

I meant if you two lined up it *could* be a fairly even race...? An SRT10 is a top end mover, not "so" great down low. If you got him by 1/2 a length down low until 50ish mph, it might be a race worth watching is what I meant.

What times have you done at the track...??

I meant if you two lined up it *could* be a fairly even race...? An SRT10 is a top end mover, not "so" great down low. If you got him by 1/2 a length down low until 50ish mph, it might be a race worth watching is what I meant.

What times have you done at the track...??

Well, if you re-read my initial post, I mention that he 'jumped the gun' on me, and I didnt punch it until he was over 1/4 a car length ahead of me. When I punched it I immediately caught up to him, and started to blow past him until I was cut off. If we would have launched at the EXACT same time, I probably would have left him in the dust with no problem at all.

I am not looking to see who can do a 100-150mph pull, I just like to do some quick 1/4 mile runs here and there. But from the way I was pulling on him, I doubt he could out pull me from a 70mph run on. Maybe he could hang a little.... but who knows. I cant say until I get a freeway encounter with one.

As far as track time, I cant say.. never been to the track. My Aeroforce scangauge says 12.95 @ 103 mph... who knows how accuarate that is though. Hopefully I can make it to the track soon though!

:thumbs:

All QC's are automatic. And how can you say it was not impressive? Look at all the work you have done to your truck, and you barely had him beat.

You said you had him by 1/2 a truck at 50-60, how do you know you would have pulled him by 2 - 3 truck lengths?

I say good kill, but you should be impressed with a 500hp HEAVIER truck, keeping up with your highly modded SSS. :thumbs:

It wasnt that impressive, son. The "VIPER" truck has 2 more cylinders, and probably doesnt weight much more (if not the same) and has about the same HP as my truck does with the blower I would imagine. Not to mention it is 2WD, which equates to less drivetrain loss than my AWD. I also dont think my SS is "heavily modded" as it only has a bolt on blower making 6psi, headers, exhaust, and a tune. I have a LOT more to do here in the future.

Sure, I had him by 1/2 lengths by 50 or so (wasnt looking at speedo, but I JUST shifted out of 1st, and barely in 2nd when I let off). But I started BEHIND him.... and when I let off I was literally pulling from him HARD... when his tires chirped going into 2nd, I was already passing him quick. I know if I didnt have to let off, I was about ready to leave him wayyy back there.

And 1stdodge, what about the guy on here who has an SS with only an intake/exhaust and kept up with the VIPER truck ?

:devil:

nice kill man, keep in mind also that a new viper truck cost is more than an sss even with the mods you have. :dunno:

thanks zippy :thumbs:

Lets not all forget here that the SRT-10 gets something like 9-10MPG at best.... and I just average 15.5mpg on this last tank !!! :cool:

Im not being a 'hater' ... but I admit, Id rather drive a Ford than a Dodge any day... but it feels nice ruining a truck that is marketed as 'The worlds fastest production truck' and all the happy shit. Pretty sad Dodge had to throw an 8.3L Viper motor in a full size truck to even hit low-14's.

I bet the race would be called 'Even' if my truck DIDNT have the blower, and I just would have slapped some Long tubes and a cam on there.

Now, if Chevy just would throw the 7.0L LS7 motor in a truck, I dont think any Dodge product would be able to compare! :devil:

We are all right in our opinions...I think you are all correct! :cheers:

What we all seem to forget is...a street race is only that...How many times have I and/or we "lost" because we did not know we where even racing? (I had him by 1/2 a length out of the hole)

Ever been called out at 2:30 a.m. by a drunk driver in a ricer? (I am sure some rice site has me backing out of an unsafe race...that the ricer won...LOL)

He or you left early...the first 60 ft is so crucial...if not the most important part of a race...us track guys know that for sure...a tenth in the first 60 equals a ton at the end...

It is great when you can race under equal conditions...but that seldom happens on the street...IMHO...a street race is a good gauge how good our trucks run...bench racing is only one level below a street race...the track is really where it is at...

I love to read all of our posts to see where my truck should 'rank' ...must be the testosterone huh? :dunno: LOL

But I still love the posts...and always will..so thanks to the fellow ssser's who post their 'conquests'... :thumbs:

To me that is only partially true. There are too many vehicles that go to the track and only run the number by removing 300lbs or so of weight from the vehicle, run smaller/lighter drag use only tires, bypass power steering, etc. Many of these vehicles will hook at the track on a prepped surface also and not the street. The street is a whole different game. That's where racing started long before tracks were around.