To all with 305/40/22 tires

r8rs4lf

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my 285/45 Toyos, just right IMO.  A little more sidewall for protection than a 305/40 too.

Do you have a close up pic of those tires? Also, what is the wheel size you are running?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that they are 9.5" wide. Mine are 8.5" wide.

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

I think my next set of tires will be slightly staggered, I think i'll stick with the 305/40/22's up from on the 10" wide wheels but in the rear I am thinking of steping it up to a 325/40/22. I figure it's only 2% difference and the truck shouldn't see that, besides I don't think my ABS works any more which is ok with me.

Do you have a close up pic of those tires?

There are a couple of decent ones in my garage. I know I have some better ones at home, I'll take a look and post.

I went with the 285/45 because I thought the 305/40 looked a little short and fat on a non-lowered truck, and I don't plan on lowering mine. Being from the NE, I wanted the extra .5" height.

You ever think about the g-Force™ T/A® KDW

Come in many sizes

285/35ZR22

305/40/22

295/40/22

I heard there realy good tires just wear lil fast...I dont have any pics tho on a truck...Sorry I just really liek the tread design on the BFG

Come in many sizes

285/35ZR22

305/40/22

295/40/22

I heard there realy good tires just wear lil fast...I dont have any pics tho on a truck...Sorry I just really liek the tread design on the BFG

Ya, I believe I saw those already. They're expensive as hell! $335.00 for a 295/40/22! :eek::nono: It's not that serious, really. :D

Come in many sizes

285/35ZR22

305/40/22

295/40/22

Ya, I believe I saw those already. They're expensive as hell! $335.00 for a 295/40/22! :eek::nono: It's not that serious, really. :D

Yeah I'm with you on that... Thats why I went with the nitto 420 only paid 800 Shipped...

thats not going to be very accurate since your running those tiny dubs. :P 

Sorry - thought 295s on a 8.5" wheel was relevant even though it's a 20" rim.

I'll just leave you guys alone with your wagon wheels. :jester:

wagwhl.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Come in many sizes

285/35ZR22

305/40/22

295/40/22

IMO, i think the 295/40/22 would work out very well for you on the 8.5" rim. those tires are badass and very expensive though.

I'm going to be needing some new rubber soon and figured I might as well start looking now. I was just wondering if any of you wished you had gone with a different size? The brands don't really matter to me since I'll probably end up going with the same Nittos unless I find a better deal on another brand.

Currently I have Nitto 404's in a 305/40/22 on 8.5" rims. The tire actually sticks out past the rim a little when I turn, but other than that, I like the way it looks. It fills up the gap between the tire and the fenders. Some people think I have a flat sometimes because of the way the tire looks on a narrow rim. I was thinking of going with a 285 or 295, but I don't want my rim sticking out past the tire. The protection these 305/40/22 gives my rim against curb rash is great, not like I rub these Intro's against the curb anyways. Also, I have zero rubbing issues with my current size.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have profile pics of a 285 or 295 on an 8.5" rim?

TIA

Here is a pic of what my tire looks like currently.

119930857.jpg

Looks good to me, :thumbs: is your truck also lowered? If so how much and what did you use to lower it? :dunno: