winter rims?

hey everyone,

winter is coming fast here in anchorage,AK. usually we can expect snow by late October to early novemeber. it'll be the 3rd winter on the stock 20in tires and i think i'll be safer with real snow tires.

is the package that tirerack sells OK for an SS? they sell a 16in snow tire package.

i put in all my vehicle info on tirerack, and it came up with the 16in package for winter.

won't the smaller rims mess with the speedo?

i also have some 17in rims from an 02 Z71 suburban, would that work with the SS?

i had too many close calls with the truck last winter, so i need better traction for the winter.

:crazy::crazy: Two Winters on the stock wheels :crazy::crazy:

Get yourself a set off of Ebay ... America's Bargin Emporium ....

Ebay - 1

Ebay - 2

Ebay - 3

Ebay - 4 - Nice Set

Or go and get yourself a beater for the Winter Months .....

The 17" wheel and Tire combo work great in the winter .... Just need a little more of an aggressive tread ...

I use WinterForce tires on my RWD Crown Vic .... Not an ounce of problems ... So, if you get the rims, you may just want a set of solid Snow Tires .... But remember ..... You truck will Spin almost anything you put on it ... Especially in the Winter Months .... JMHO ...

will 2002 Suburban Z71 17in rims fit ok?  i bid on a set on ebay.

yes they will work fine.

when i was up there last year in fairbanks i was told to stay away from white letter tires and just stick with a black wall because the white rubber will crack and could cause a blow out.

• 3 weeks later...