bad day

faceliftedss

so today i get up to drive to work at 7:00 am and my head hurts so i turn my head unit off. i have the heater on cause its a lil chilly. about a mile down the highway i smell something burning so i flip the heater off thinking maybe something got in there. and just about the time i'm turning off i look behind me and see the cones of my subs melt and fall inside the woofer and smoke just comes out everywhere. i mean enough to where i could not see and the smell from the burnt speaker almost made me pass out i swerved off the road opened the doors and windows and digged until i could rip the speaker wire out of the boxes. the interior of my truck still smells i was lucky to not of had my back seat in or it would have caught on fire. so i tear the dash apart and trace the wires, can't find anything wrong with it. so i take it to the "professionals" who installed it. they found out it burned up my amp, two subs 2 tweeters and six door speakers. totaling about 1,700 or so. oh yeah they had never heard of this happening and so their warranty wouldn't cover it. so i guess i'll take it up with the manufacturer looking for some advice. that was the start to a continuos bad day.

I would think that was a faulty sub and the voice coil just fried up. Not to sure what the amp would really do, i would think the amp would pop the fuses or blow out the power supply if that was the fault of it all. But then again I dont know. sucks man, at least the whole thing didnt go up in flames

i talked to a few people who know their stuff pretty well and they said some how it was suupplying a bunch of DC power through the system and it just heated everthing up but i would think a fuse would have broken because they are thermal. but there is no inline fuse in speaker wire. don't know the situation freaks me out i guess i should feel lucky to be alive and all that crap but honostly it just pisses me off