amp noise

the first major mod i've performed on my 06 SS was a total stereo upgrade. no alpine door speakers all around with built in tweeters up front. two 10 inch jl audio ws3 subs with stealth box under seat. two amps, both alpine...one powering door speakers and deck and one power only subs. (note: i did not change factory deck as i wanted a clean cabin look) oh the other thing is i have some deal im not familiar with called a jl audio cleansweep wich is supposed to be the shit but i dont even know what it does.

my problem is this....at very low sound levels there is a constant buzzing and is very noticeable if i use the onstar button for phone or what not. my installer said that this is because there is a seperate amp power factory speakers/sub and that it does not interface with other amps.

he says if i put in a new deck it will be a non issue. anyone else run across this problem or similar? i really don't want to gall up the display area. if necessary i guess ill will shell out the $1500.00 or so to get a touch screen display but that is a last resort.

help me please!

:icon_bs: The installer either did not want to spend the time identifying the component introducing the system noise, did not know how, or wanted to sell you more equipment. Installing a different head unit will only cure the problem *if* the internal design/assembly of the Bose unit was flawed in the first place (this is common in Pioneer decks btw).

First try to isolate the component introducing the noise - unplug the RCA inputs from the sub amp, then the front stage amp and determine if the noise is in the sub amp or front amp or both. Another idea is to construct a set of 'muting plugs', take an old RCA cable and cut in half, strip and twist ALL the wires together and tape (insulate), then plug your new RCAs into the amp - this guarantees that the amp is getting zero signal on the primary/signal side, and if you still have noise emmanating from the amp it tells you that the noise is being introduced into the power cables not the signal cables.

That'll get you started - point is, narrow down the component(s) introducing the noise, then determine if the noise is coming in through the signal or the power cables.

And welcome to the forum :chevy:

Mr. P.

:icon_bs: The installer either did not want to spend the time identifying the component introducing the system noise, did not know how, or wanted to sell you more equipment. 

:withstupid:

I had a similar problem when I installed all of my aftermarket audio. I had this buzzing noise which would get worse as I stepped on the accelerator. Sound pretty simple huh, probably a bad ground? Uh no. It ended up being an amp I bought. I found that out by doing excactly what Mr. P said, isolate the problem. What I did was bypass the amp by hooking those speakers to the HU itself and the noise went away. Keep bypassing everything one at a time and you'll find the problem. :thumbs:

i had this same thing happen and because of the wiring **** up this happened

untitled.jpg

my amp fried and ruined my entire set up and the bastards who installed it would not cover it even though i have a life time warranty on their work. it almost killed me because it melted while i was driving adn the fumes and smoke were crazy.