I think I'm having transmission trouble...

Last night, we were at a stoplight, and let off the brake, eased into the gas, and felt a jerk. So noticeable, my wife asked, 'did we just get bumped?'

It didn't do it after that, at all. I bought the 100k mi extended warranty, but if it doesn't do it again, till it lets go for good, I probably can rule out a replacement until it's good and broke.

I was going to pull my travel trailer down to AZ for two weeks in October, but am more than reluctant to do so, if the transmission is going out.

Is this a 'fluke' thing, or is this something that's a sign of things to come?

I would say check the obvious things.. fluid level.. when was the last tranny service ect..

If it was a fluke just one time thing that might be the last you hear of it. If it is more significant I am fairly sure you will see it again pretty soon. If it hasn't been acting up ever before I think it is a pretty good chance it is a totally random thing.

But none the less if you are concerned take it in and at least let the dealer doccument the problem on your file that way if you do grenade it they dont chalk it up to abuse later on in life.

Sounds like it's a situation that occurs from time to time with my girlfriend's tahoe, and has happened in my SS on a couple of occassions. Sorta feels like it starts out in 3rd, then jumps into first... Not sure what the cause is though...

Last night, we were at a stoplight, and let off the brake, eased into the gas, and felt a jerk.  So noticeable, my wife asked, 'did we just get bumped?'   

It didn't do it after that, at all.  I bought the 100k mi extended warranty, but if it doesn't do it again, till it lets go for good, I probably can rule out a replacement until it's good and broke. 

I was going to pull my travel trailer down to AZ for two weeks in October, but am more than reluctant to do so, if the transmission is going out. 

I had that problem on my 05 GMC Sierra CC Z71. When I took it to the dealer, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Murphy's Law, right.

I knew I had seen a post about it on GM-Trucks.com. Here is the link:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...c=56114&hl=slip

Hope this helps.

Last night, we were at a stoplight, and let off the brake, eased into the gas, and felt a jerk.  So noticeable, my wife asked, 'did we just get bumped?'   

It didn't do it after that, at all.  I bought the 100k mi extended warranty, but if it doesn't do it again, till it lets go for good, I probably can rule out a replacement until it's good and broke. 

I had that problem on my 05 GMC Sierra CC Z71. When I took it to the dealer, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Murphy's Law, right.

I knew I had seen a post about it on GM-Trucks.com. Here is the link:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...c=56114&hl=slip

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I'll take 'er in on Monday or Tuesday and see what they say.