Who all has a pass. side leaky rear window?

supraman

I have the same wind noise at highway speeds (70+). Also had it on my 2000 Silverado xcab. I think the pressure "pulse" when closing the door (windows up) is "vented" through one of the rear windows. I have tried closing the door with windows down after cleaning the seals on the rear windows and the wind noise is gone at highway speeds (rolled the front windows up after closing the door).

I think if there was another pressure relief mechanism (besides the back windows) this problem might go away. Anyone consider pulling the plugs out of the floorpan to relieve the cabin pressure during door closing??

:cheers:

I had lots of wind noise from the righ rear window on my truck. If you pulled it in by hand, it stopped. My dealer said GM sent out a service bulletin about this sometime back in 2001 or so for leaks and/or wind noise. The fix is to install a new window assembly.

Roger

Seen this problem with several Silverados. One solution is to install a stainless steel screw to reenforce the hinge. I did this after dealer replaced window assembly and had the same wind noise problem after a couple months. Cost is minimal and only takes a few minutes. Window operation is uneffected. I will post pics and instructions in a day or two. :flag:

Seen this problem with several Silverados. One solution is to install a stainless steel screw to reenforce the hinge. I did this after dealer replaced window assembly and had the same wind noise problem after a couple months. Cost is minimal and only takes a few minutes. Window operation is uneffected. I will post pics and instructions in a day or two. :flag:

Cool! Welcome to the site, by the way. Congrats on the truck and color choice :cheers:

It's not the window guys....your door latch is out of adjustment. I had mine into the local morons three times before I grabbed wrench and adjusted it myself. Don't waste a trip to the dealer, just move the latch about an 1/8 inch in. :puke:

Archived