FlowMaster 40's

BreakYaNeckSS

i was searchn around on E-bay for my F/M 40's 3" inlet/ 3" Outlet, and found plenty of them, but there were different types. the seller didnt really do a good job of giving a description. Thers the F/M 40's Delta Flow race Mufflers and then another one i found was the F/M 40 Super 40's..im sure theres others....which ones should i be looking for..lemme know

Thanks

The 40-series is designed for maximum resonance, the Super-40s are as loud as the 40-series but deeper sounding. The Delta-Flows are designed to cancel a lot of that resonance/drone out and be much quieter.

Mr. P.

The delta flow is definately the way to go unless you prefer the constant drone in the cab at highway speeds. I haven't put a flowmaster on my truck (yet....but it's just a matter of time) but if I did I would go with the next quieter series "50 Delta" with delta flow. There is very little, if any resonance, they are al little quieter with a nice deep note. Those along with a quality X-pipe will give it that smooth throaty sound that most people look for.

It's either that or some 12" glass packs with a shiny chunk of stove pipe hanging out the back. :D

Archived