Got to love the people from California

thallent

The most interesting thing I discovered recently is that today's atmospheric CO2 is at one of the lower points every recorded.  When you graph CO2 across the time frame of know CO2 readings, you guessed it, we're sitting admist the lowest trough every recorded.  It is true that mass extinct events occured and that scientists believe the cause may have been CO2 levels, but those levels were like 600x what we have now.

More shoddy science perpetrated by the media.

:withstupid:

By chance do you have a link to this data?

The most interesting thing I discovered recently is that today's atmospheric CO2 is at one of the lower points every recorded.  When you graph CO2 across the time frame of know CO2 readings, you guessed it, we're sitting admist the lowest trough every recorded.  It is true that mass extinct events occured and that scientists believe the cause may have been CO2 levels, but those levels were like 600x what we have now.

More shoddy science perpetrated by the media.

:withstupid:

By chance do you have a link to this data?

Man you're fast :) Updated my post btw.

Let me see if I can get a link.

I'm going to sue MsDonalds for making me fat.  :rolleyes: I'm sure these people that brought this suit on drive one of those brand of cars. If not, I'm sure they have a car.

:withstupid: My thoughts exactly, In sure they are not driving an alternative fuel vehicle, problably a gas guzzling suv :jester:

I'm going to sue MsDonalds for making me fat.  :rolleyes: I'm sure these people that brought this suit on drive one of those brand of cars. If not, I'm sure they have a car.

I think something like this has been done already. I'm going to sue GM for my speeding tickets lol :crackup: or maybe sue the cop who wrote me up. It's his fault I got caught speeding. he made me do it :crackup:

Think I'll try that :crackup:

00037A5D-A938-150E-A93883414B7F0000_p71.gif

You be the judge ;)

Most of the graphs you see follow the last 200 years -- maybe 1000 years at best and claim to be definitive...  Like all the who-haw about hurricanes...  Hurricanes are cyclical on a 30 year pattern.  Guess where in the cycle we are?

Good data. Just goes to show that if those dinosaurs had cut back on their exhaust emissions in time, they wouldn't have gone extinct. :jester:

I'm formally against jumping to conclusions (aka global warming) regarding weather when we really only have a couple of hundred years (at best) worth of hard data concerning a global system.

It's easier to blame human activity for wierd weather than just face the facts that we don't know everything and how it all fits together. I'm sure solar activity has a huge effect on the hurricane and other severe storm systems, but you never hear anyone concerned about how we can take steps to calm down the fusion reactions on the surface of the sun. :lol:

...I'm formally against jumping to conclusions (aka global warming) regarding weather when we really only have a couple of hundred years (at best) worth of hard data concerning a global system. ...

:withstupid: The weatherman can't even figure out if it's going to rain this weekend or not; what makes them think they can guess what the hell the climate is going to be like several hundred years from now?

Mr. P.

...I'm formally against jumping to conclusions (aka global warming) regarding weather when we really only have a couple of hundred years (at best) worth of hard data concerning a global system. ...

:withstupid: The weatherman can't even figure out if it's going to rain this weekend or not; what makes them think they can guess what the hell the climate is going to be like several hundred years from now?

Mr. P.

Wonder what the chances are for a jury to award damages in this case?...

In a state that can't seem to convict anyone for murder or pedophilia...when there is evidence indicating a crime was committed :dunno:

I'm sure they'll figure a way to make these manufacturers pay.

Then when all the manufacturers refuse to sell cars in California and the populace can't get transportation, the economy collapses...then what :nono:

Let me guess then the rest of us in flyover country AKA the RED states will have to bail their a$$&s out :thumbs:

F'N mental midgets :banghead:

Mr. P.

Wonder what the chances are for a jury to award damages in this case?...

In a state that can't seem to convict anyone for murder or pedophilia...when there is evidence indicating a crime was committed :dunno:

I'm sure they'll figure a way to make these manufacturers pay.

Then when all the manufacturers refuse to sell cars in California and the populace can't get transportation, the economy collapses...then what :nono:

Let me guess then the rest of us in flyover country AKA the RED states will have to bail their a$$&s out :thumbs:

F'N mental midgets :banghead:

Just for the record, the MAJORITY of the state, if you were to talk to them one on one, would understand economic impacts of something like that.

But put it up in a bill like this and like sheep, the wackos will blindly follow.

True...

Unfortunately, California's wacko quotient is higher than

about anywhere in the country and seems the laws are lax enough that they roam freely, unsupervised...off their meds :jester:

But you can't take my word, I'm just a derelict hayseed in the Midwest ;)

True...

about anywhere in the country and seems the laws are lax enough that they roam freely, unsupervised...off their meds  :jester:

But you can't  take my word, I'm just a derelict hayseed in the Midwest  ;)

Thanks for setting me straight, I thought you were a perverted hayseed. :jester: Seriously, I beg to differ with you on that. California is a lot more complicated place than that, there are LOTS and I mean LOTS of conservative Californians. Remember that a major part of California population are farmers, ranchers, business owners, corporates, financiers etc and lemme assure you these folks are just as hawkish and tight-fisted as their out-of-state counterparts (my kind of people :D ). Defense is also huge in CA. The problem is that they are a silent majority, people that mind their own business and have the good decency to not make as much a racket as their uber-liberals neighbors.

True, CA politics runs a bit more liberal than the rest of the country but I've actually seen worse (Phoenix AZ). Those CA conservatives do keep the voting and laws from going totally left (ie they elected the Governator). The larger problem I see with CA in the last 20 years is that the divide between the haves and have-nots has gotten scary. All my CA friends/acquantainces have either a lower standard of living than my friends here (in Texas) or much, much higher standard of living. Call it an observation from a former Californian.

Mr. P.

True...

about anywhere in the country and seems the laws are lax enough that they roam freely, unsupervised...off their meds  :jester:

Thanks for setting me straight, I thought you were a perverted hayseed. :jester: Seriously, I beg to differ with you on that. California is a lot more complicated place than that, there are LOTS and I mean LOTS of conservative Californians. Remember that a major part of California population are farmers, ranchers, business owners, corporates, financiers etc and lemme assure you these folks are just as hawkish and tight-fisted as their out-of-state counterparts (my kind of people :D ). Defense is also huge in CA. The problem is that they are a silent majority, people that mind their own business and have the good decency to not make as much a racket as their uber-liberals neighbors.

True, CA politics runs a bit more liberal than the rest of the country but I've actually seen worse (Phoenix AZ). Those CA conservatives do keep the voting and laws from going totally left (ie they elected the Governator). The larger problem I see with CA in the last 20 years is that the divide between the haves and have-nots has gotten scary. All my CA friends/acquantainces have either a lower standard of living than my friends here (in Texas) or much, much higher standard of living. Call it an observation from a former Californian.

Mr. P.

True on all points... :smash:

As for the standard of living bit... co-workers (husband and wife combo) just bought a house in a particular area of san jose. Approx 1800 sq ft, something like a 6000sq ft lot... Million+, and it's a fairly old place, back from the days of non-grounded electrical outlets...

:puke:

True...

Mr. P.

Steve,

OK, I am a perverted derelict hayseed, but I can carry that burden

As far as my other comments, please keep in mind that most are tongue in cheek comments. I fully understand that there is a silent MAJORITY in this country who are the backbone of what makes this country great. They live in all parts of the country and come from diverse social economic backgrounds etc. They are out making it happen day in, day out. Imagine where we would be if they/we weren't

The SCREAMING MINORITY is what I can't tolerate. These self appointed individuals who think they know what is right for everybody and how the haves should take care of the have-nots. People who can't handle or control their own lives but expect someone else to listen to them on how things need to be done.

It's pretty obvious more of them are located in Cali. because of the large population base. More people, more unstable people.

I don't think the attorney general's office, attorneys, etc., are thinking this through for what kind of economic impact this lawsuit could possibly cause if they find against the automakers. I don't see that as being good for Cali or the rest of the country

00037A5D-A938-150E-A93883414B7F0000_p71.gif

You be the judge ;)

Most of the graphs you see follow the last 200 years -- maybe 1000 years at best and claim to be definitive...  Like all the who-haw about hurricanes...  Hurricanes are cyclical on a 30 year pattern.  Guess where in the cycle we are?

While that chart is good, I think that this one shows the true cause of global warming.

pchart1.jpg

:lol: