drop for new truck

cstchevy

Ok guys as of right now their will be my truck going to my cousion and I will have a 2007 gmc quad cab 4x4 possibly a vmax. I want to be different and I would like to sport drop it to give a better ride and handling characteristics. what would you go with? since it's a QC shortbed I couldn't use the SS lowering kit, but should I peice something together from different kits? I just want it to be around 2-3 inches in front and 4-5 in back. I am also searching out some awesome deals velocity 6 wheels in either 20's or 22's to have black powder coated completely. I think it will go good with a black truck :)

thanks for any help or suggestions

Up front Belltech spindles and Keys would easily get you 3" and in the rear you will have to run Belltech's leafsprings because your front hangers on the quad cab are welded to the frame not riveted. The leaf springs will get you around 3-3.5" if I remember correctly and you can get a set of shackles to go a bit lower if you so decide.

now will those ride and handle really well?  I drive alot of beat up old highways so I would like it to ride a little better then my VHO I current  have.  thanks

There are a few members here with them and I havn't heard anything bad about them.

just thought i'd chime in about ride quality. i just dropped mine this morning with a 2/2 from belltech with drop spindles and shackles and the ride is 100 times better than stock. very smooth and the back end isn't as bouncy over bumps right now. i can't speak for the other kits but i am overwhelmed with the new ride i have. exceeded my expectations.

just thought i'd chime in about ride quality.  i just dropped mine this morning with a 2/2 from belltech with drop spindles and shackles and the ride is 100 times better than stock.  very smooth and the back end isn't as bouncy over bumps right now.  i can't speak for the other kits but i am overwhelmed with the new ride i have.  exceeded my expectations.

Good to know. I'm looking to get the Belltech kit as well. Do they make a 2 / 3.5?

I saw that McGaughys has a drop that will fit and it's a 2/4.  which kit is better the Belltech or them?

If you ever have any problems with McGoofy's kit you better not post about them other wise Mike McGoofy himself will try to sue you :lol: He's a looser and I don't recomend his stuff to anyone.