CalTrac Question

vdrumright

Yes, pinion angle needs to be correct, whether you have the caltrac's or not. Just make sure you, or equivalent weight is in the truck when you set the pre-load.

What degree shim is needed when using Belltech shakles and stock springs?

I got the caltracs install this weekend. The install wasn't that bad. My initial opinion is that I'm not spinning as much as before. I quess that I'll find out how much at the track on the 7th.

It's kinda weird feeling that the ass doesn't squat anymore on launch.

Did you ever figure out "What degree shim is needed when using Belltech shakles and stock springs? "

I would love to know for sure. I have a 2" drop and a vibration @ 45 mph. It will go away if I put a load in the rear.

Hope your 60' times benifit from your investment. Cal Trac is the best !

CD

Got my bars adjusted to how they would be at the track, no load on driverside, and about a 1/2 turn of the bar on the pass. side. Never know when you may need traction. ;)

And yes they are a little noisy. You can here them under normal driving conditions. Just have to get louder exhaust now to cover the sound :D

just a question why are you installing caltracs? isnt your awd? ar eyou making that much power that your spinning the rears that bad? just wondering id like to know , i may look into these in the near futur since traction may arise.

just a question why are you installing caltracs? isnt your awd? ar eyou making that much power that your spinning the rears that bad? just wondering id like to know , i may look into these in the near futur since traction may arise.

Yes i'm AWD & traction was a issue for me at the track last time I went.

Zippy might want to comment he has driven and seen logs from my runs at the track.

Edited by vdrumright (see edit history)

He's running ths stock LS's and his truck has traction issue's. If he's not on a perfectly prepped surface his truck spins real hard coming out. With him running a Radix the 60' time is very important to his time since not far out the blower begins to heat up and cause power loss. He needs to make what he can out of the first few hundred feet for sure.

I know on my truck after installing the McGaughy's front perches the instant center is worse for a AWD truck, it squats now and that unloads a tad off the front. I looked into the caltracs as a way to get the truck to bring the instant center back down.

Mr. P.

i know someone posted that the caltracs wont work with beltech hangers? (turbo beserker i beleive) so im assuming that they wont work with the mcgoofys , so did anyone find out what needs to be done for them to work, and will sway bars interfer with them at all?