California Drags 9/23/06

04CHASE

the reason the times were better was i the current tune is pretty good and i had the 18;s on this time vs the 22;s last time, so they helped alot.

Are you running the Futral cam still?

nope ,all stock motor . i do have a new cam, but its going in the new 370 im building for the t trim. then it should be putting out some real power.

Thats awesome man... you sound like me, no matter how fast you go, you want to go faster... and spend shitloads of money doing it :devil::jester::devil:

I really hope you are thinking of the next step in this process... a new tranny. If you are going to put out more power than you are now, than you might want to think about a 4L80E swap... that 65E is probably at its limits right now as it sits !! Just my $0.02 :cheers:

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

nope 4l65e is staying in , i only plan to run it hard at the track . i think the 4l65e will handle its own for now. if not ill just get it rebuilt. id like to do the 80 but if i was going to do that i would have done a 408 eith the t trim. i dont want all of the drivetrain loss, i know speed engineering has a kit but i know there is a weak link in it so i dont want to go to 2wd.

Yeah, it seems the 65E that the Toy Shop built for us holds plenty of power. I am just wondering -how long- it can hold the power for? I dont think I can expect 100K out of a 65E (unless babied on a stock truck) let alone a built one and 500+ HP. Having a lot of power is nice, but I dont want to feel like it will break down at any time, especially when your stuck in bumper to bumper traffic 90 miles from home :cool: I think I am not going to mod my truck much more, just for reliability reasons.

I cant wait to see what numbers that thing turns when its all done bro... :cheers:

well i may have run into a tranny problem already, after looking over my logs it appears to be droppin grpms in third gear around 5500 rpms. it could be belt slip though, so i wont know until next time out. im going to swap my belt to see if it helps.

Damn man.. I hope thats not the case. I dont think belt slip could cause the PCM to see a drop in RPMs? Then again, what do I know.. lol. From what I do know, that could be caused by a slipping torque coverter (as thats right around when it locks) or the clutch band in the tranny going... from what I have heard, a FULLY built 65E is only good up to about 600HP/600ft-lbs, and from the numbers you are running, its safe to say you are right there or exceeding those numbers. Keep me updated what you find out.

EDIT: I just thought of this. By any chance is your TC lockup occuring at 5500 rpms in 3rd gear? If thats the case, RPMs can sometimes drop when that occurs... it does on mine.... just a thought.

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

well i may have run into a tranny problem already, after looking over my logs it appears to be droppin grpms in third gear around 5500 rpms. it could be belt slip though, so i wont know until next time out. im going to swap my belt to see if it helps.

I looked into it and I think it was the tcc. After you adjusted for the tire size that brought the tcc lockup in earlier. It was all good.