AWD to 4x4

I have been playing with the idea of changing my truck to 4x4, it would be a little more practical for me to have a 4x4 rather than an AWD. I am thinkin all i would need to change is the transfer case, a wireing harness and the stwitches for the on the fly electronic 4x4. And possibly a front drive shaft. :dunno:

I was wondering if anyone has toyed with the idea or done this... or knows what it will take... :dunno:

any info is appreciated :thumbs:

Thanks-

-Cody

just guessing

tailshaft

transfer case

new drive shafts, I am guessing both front and rear.

then the electronics...switch gear from a 4x4 truck

To me this might be easier than putting the 4l80 in. and you could select 2wd???

I just counld not let you get no response-your here too much Montana :thumbs:

same output shaft and driveshafts dont know on the wiring you will got sure need a wiring harness since the autotrac t-case has a plug for the 2wd/auto 4wd/4wd actuator the vss sensors should be the same. Ill be pulling my engien/trans/t-case out shortly I can take some pics of anything you want. :thumbs:

same output shaft and driveshafts dont know on the wiring you will got sure need a wiring harness since the autotrac t-case has a plug for the 2wd/auto 4wd/4wd actuator  the vss sensors should be the same.  Ill be pulling my engien/trans/t-case out shortly I can take some pics of anything you want. :thumbs:

cool that would be awsome... just take some pics of the transfer case and the harness, that is, if you dont mind :thumbs:

John at Speartech can handle the harness for you.  If you are willing to go to a manual t-case, the swap is pretty easy (just changing to 4wd involves sliding under the truck :)).  You will also need your tranny section of the OS flashed.

does Speartech have a website, or an e-mail so i could contact him? And what is the OS? :dunno:

thanks Berserker!

• 3 weeks later...
John at Speartech can handle the harness for you.  If you are willing to go to a manual t-case, the swap is pretty easy (just changing to 4wd involves sliding under the truck :)).  You will also need your tranny section of the OS flashed.

does Speartech have a website, or an e-mail so i could contact him? And what is the OS? :dunno:

thanks Berserker!

OS= operating system. You'll need that part of the tune from a 4x4 truck of the same year most likely.