Getting nervous...

mwarren

No doubt....that is the hardest part :cry:

Getting nervous

getting married Saturday

:confused: What - is there a shotgun involved?! :jester: In all seriousness, what's got you worried? Fear of crowds? Performance anxiety? Inevitable embarrasment when a strange man stands up to object at your wedding? :eek::jester:

It might help to change your perception a bit, do not think of your marriage as an approaching end to be dreaded, but rather as a beginning to the next chapter of your life and the start of a partnership with the one you love.

Mr. P.

Mr. P, you are a wise one. I am truly happy and love her to death. I just hope that it all goes smoothly more then anything.

And hopefully none of the past waitresses are serving at our reception....this could be bad. Just a few past flings working there :smash:

Oh... How cool would that be! :eek: You two have your first argument because of an old flame serving dinner and drinks. Maybe it would sound like this: :jester:

Hey Mark

BTW, Congrats and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Did you tell her the car wash story?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. P, you are a wise one.  I am truly happy and love her to death.  I just hope that it all goes smoothly more then anything. 
Naaa if I was that smart I'd be a lot better off than I am. I'm just Al Bundy, learning as I go; I had a real shit childhood and have basically parented myself since about the age of 8, so I've learned life's lessons but it's cost me almost everything in the process; I am making sure that generational mistake does not happen again with my own kids - they're a lot more prepared for this world than I ever was. Truth is that I totally crashed and burned my marriage, and it's true my wife is a cast iron bitch but there are many things I should have done differently and we would be very successful and happy today. But I learned from those mistakes, so I'm not so much wise as I am learned, and I know today exactly how my marriage got off track.

Totally serious here --> answering my own uneasiness started with figuring out the difference between a "relationship" and a "marriage"; once I understood that, a lot of things in my life suddenly came into focus, and the way I lived my life changed a lot over the next couple years. Sad thing was that this moment of clarity didn't happen until my own divorce had begun. :banghead: I'm only going to further say that a marriage and a relationship are two completely separate things, that are only just related to each other; a relationship is not a marriage, and a marriage is not a relationship, and you actually don't need one to have the other (although that is the best way).

And hopefully none of the past waitresses are serving at our reception....this could be bad.  Just a few past flings working there :smash:
So you got any leftover free car wash tokens I can have?! :P:jester:

Mr. P. :)

Oh... How cool would that be! :eek: You two have your first argument because of an old flame serving dinner and drinks. Maybe it would sound like this: :jester:

Hey Mark

I hope that is not an issue but you never know...She avoided a lot of restaraunts in town for the longest time b/c of my past whoring around!!!

BTW, Congrats and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Did you tell her the car wash story?

Yeah, I told her that story on the way home from HOOTERS, but she did not find as much humor in it as we did....guess you had to be there :crackup:

And hopefully none of the past waitresses are serving at our reception....this could be bad.  Just a few past flings working there :smash:
So you got any leftover free car wash tokens I can have?! :P:jester:

Mr. P. :)

Sounds like you did learn from the past which sometimes is not the easiest. My past had a lot of crazy and bad times (though never married and/or divorced). I went through a long stretch of unhappiness and troubled times and learned from that....which helped know what I really wanted. I found that someone and have no doubts about that.

About the free tokens, if I had some left over I would but they have all been conifiscated :nono:

Don't stand with your knees locked.  Easier to pass out with them locked  :D

Best of luck!  :cheers:

:withstupid: Locking the legs, will definetly make you more likely to pass out.

Do yourself a Favor ... Don't let the Bestman get you wasted the night before. Drink, have fun, drink only beer, no shots ... That way, the wedding will go smoothly and you won't feel sick. You may drink a little more on your wedding night, seriously though ... take it easy on the Rehersal Dinner night.

Congrats on your Wedding ... :thumbs::thumbs:

The 3 Rings to Marrige:

1 - The Engagement Ring

2 - The Wedding Ring

and

3 - The Suffer-Ring

:D:D:D

congrats on getting hitched, make sure you have a good reception, last wedding i went to didnt have any alchohol and i almost started a riot!!

Thanks....I have the alcohol well covered. My mom even had me order 2 cases of wine...should be an interesting reception. :cheers:

Why are you nervous? :confused: Are you thinking about how to get out of this already? :wtf: Having thoughts of past girls? :devil: Maybe your just worried about all those people watching you.....Listening to every word you say....waiting for you to goof! Is that what it is? :jester: Don't worry. You have a few thousand member cheering section here wishing you well! :flag::flag::flag: Have a great day and congrats! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

It is good to be a little nervous, it means you're alive and normal. Even if something goes wrong, everyone in attendance is human like you (I presume) and have made plents of mistakes of their own. Either they won't notice, or they will snikker inside WITH you and not AT you (if they're your friends).

It will be one of the happiest days of your life, and everything will go fine. On my wedding day, I had such a big smile all day that my face hurt - and then it only get better as the night went on!

:cheers: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Don't worry. You have a few thousand member cheering section here wishing you well!  :flag:  :flag:  :flag: Have a great day and congrats! :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Thanks...this forum has always great with their support and opinions.

On my wedding day, I had such a big smile all day that my face hurt - and then it only get better as the night went on!

:cheers: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:

The whole smiling part is tough for me. Don't like to smile very much so it will interesting to see how things go with the pictures :D

Hey think about it this way when the ceremony is over that when the real fun starts the drinking!  :D  Just hope it wasnt like me start drinking at 8 and pass out by 11 pucking on my truck!  :banghead:

I have already been instructed on my beer limitations b/c she knows I can drink damn near all day :cheers: I will post some wedding pics and Honeymoon pics from Cancun when I get back

As far as the smiling part goes....we have a fix for that. Just remind yourself that YOU have the girl everyone else is lookin at. If that doesn't work you could always imagine everyone in their underware. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Those of us that are married have been where you are and it will be great! :D

congrats and good luck, im heading in the same direction myself.

only i have my first child on the way also :)

keep your head up, if your happy she will be happy, then we will all be happy

EVERYBODY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

nixsupersport :wtf:

Archived