This thing called ***KARMA***

r8rs4lf

I frequent a few forums and I must say, this is thee most civil one I've ever seen. The people here are always willing to help newbies out with the same old questions along with trying to do their best to help the veterans out as well. Whether it be help with FI, tuning, drop kits, appearance mods, etc., there are always plenty of people willing to help. I'd also like to thank the vendors (Shopman1(SS bowties), BSER(rollpans), and others) that frequent this board as well. The group buys and one offs you put out there for us really helps us out and sets our trucks apart. I'll tell you this, my truck would not be anywhere near where it is today if it wasn't for this forum and the people who participate here.

So what is all this about you say? Well, on another forum, they have this thing called "KARMA."

Main Entry: kar·ma

in Indian philosophy, the influence of an individual's past actions on his future lives, or reincarnations.

What it is basically, I want to give back to this forum and it's members by giving away something for free. It's easier for me to take an excerpt from another forum on how this whole "KARMA" thing works.

When one decides for whatever reason, whether it is a milestone post count, anniversary date of somesort, good occasion in ones personal life, day of the week..........well you should get the point by now, an offering of Karma is given by a member so inclined.

Any rules for qualification, length of time from the offering till the choosing of the winner, or similar type specifics are up to the giver. The item(s) being offered are up to the giver. If another member meets any requirements spelled out by the giver and is interested in the possibility of receiving the said item(s), one merely replies to the thread in a post on said thread.

It is generally considered, at the very least, to be humbled and thankful for being chosen the winner and to post such thanks to the giver when notified of being the winner. It is a way we all here share with those among us with similar intrests on a forum we all find interesting and informative. Good begets good, for Karma's sake.

So, this is what I will be giving away and no the screwdriver and white T-shirt is not included! :nono:

191176904.jpg

It is a Silverado SS hitch cover. I've seen plenty of oval ones, but I haven't seen too many rectangular ones around here. I know it looks a little beat up, but I will take the powerball to it and I guarantee it will look brand new! :thumbs: I will post pics of it when it's all polished and pretty.

I've taken out my hitch so I don't need it anymore so I offer it to all the members here with a few exceptions.

Now the rules of this "KARMA"................

1. You MUST have at least 200 posts. No post whoring.

2. You MUST own a Silverado SS. I wouldn't understand why anyones else would want this is if they didn't.

3. This "KARMA" will go on for a week so everyone who qualifies has a week to read this and post up that they want in. Ending date will be Thursday October 5th, 2006.

4. The winner must post up a pick of this on his/her SSS after he/she receives it.

That's it, simple huh??? :flag:

All you have to do is post up here that you want in so long as you meet the qualifications. I'll look at this post after the time is up and count how many people are in on this and have my wife pick a number from 1 to the total number of participants. The winner will be selected depending on what number my wife picks (BTW: She will not know what I'm doing) and the corresponding number in this thread, get it???? For example, if my wife picks #45, the 45th person who posted they wanted in on this will be the winner. I'll take care of the shipping and handling as long as it is in the 50 states.

Hopefully this "KARMA" thing will catch on with other members. It would be nice to see other people offer up other things since we all use this place for information. Please note that the rules of any "KARMA" are up to the person doing it. These rules (qualifications) are just the ones I came up with since this is my "KARMA."

Another thing people, if you don't need it, don't post up for it. Let's not be greedy people. This is all based on honesty.

Good luck to all!!! :driving::thumbs:

Just a little reminder.....

YOU MUST POST THAT YOU WANT IN ON THIS TO BE CONSIDERED!

List as of 10/01/06

1. Detjoe

2. billso4ss

3. Kissmysilvss

4. Popeyess

5. Oscartemblo

6. Stitches040

7. Montanass

8. bowtiess

9. wisconsonss

10. JF 03 ss

11. MCWARREN

12. Backinblack

13. fox_forma

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to kinda "pay it forward" and recommend a few people that I think deserve it. I know that their are way more people that are deserving then I mention but There are e few stand out Helpers here so take no offense it I miss your name (I am going to do 10). I have not meet any of you but have been a member for about 1 1/2 years and have noticed who helps more then others.

1) MisterP

2) 04CHASE

3) Dylan06SS

4) fox forma

5) Jonmalibuss

6) kaotik1

7) stitches040

8) Zippy

9) Autoguy

10) Benkey

I always liked this idea and wish it would follow through more, I believe we did try this before and it worked for a short time but if I remember it was a noob who was lucky to get something for free then it just stopped, I could be wrong though. I hope this works out how it should cause it would be a good thing amoung the members. :cheers:

JF-03-SS Thanks for the nomination :thumbs: you da man :D

I believe we did try this before and it worked for a short time but if I remember it was a noob who was lucky to get something for free then it just stopped

I don't really care who gets it. It's not about receiving, it's really about me giving back what I can. If a newbie gets it, that's cool. That was one of the reasons why I said people needed at least 200 posts.

PLEASE REMEMBER, IF YOU WANT IN, YOU NEED TO POST AND SAY SO!

very nice of you alex, i would love to have that but it wouldnt work very well with a roll pan. id like to give somethign away too but all i have are stock parts laying around . i have one tog header if anyone wants it. btw great iodea i want to see where this goes

I believe we did try this before and it worked for a short time but if I remember it was a noob who was lucky to get something for free then it just stopped

I don't really care who gets it. It's not about receiving, it's really about me giving back what I can. If a newbie gets it, that's cool. That was one of the reasons why I said people needed at least 200 posts.

PLEASE REMEMBER, IF YOU WANT IN, YOU NEED TO POST AND SAY SO!

It would be nice if the KARMA would keep going it was I was getting at :thumbs:

I read the post this morning but didn't want to post because I don't have the SSS anymore and I didn't want to mess up your topic by posting and not wanting to be in the drawing ... I love the idea and encourage more people to do it. I also am a firm believer in the PAY IT FORWARD attitude.