K&N on it, should I replace?

stoney126

hey all, just picked up my SS and it came with a K&N kit. My question is there a better kit out there? Im not a big fan of reoiling the filter. Can I buy a AEM brute fore filter and run the K&N pipe? Or would I have to buy the whole kit? Thanks or any help

GM performance makes a CAI filter that does not need oiling. They can be purchased at ant GM dealership :chevy:

Not quite sure who told you that it would never need to be oiled, but the GM kit is the same as a K&N kit or Outlaw or Volant. All three come with a K&N style filter element that will need to be cleaned and re-oiled, there is just no way around that.

no kidding? I suppose it is pretty much the same performance wise right? Im just always worried about over oiling.

I haven't seen any horsepower numbers but I can't imagine why it would be less than the other CAI :dunno:

:chillpill: That's not correct the GM cold air intake does not need to oiled, check out this web site http://www.oeaccessories.com/jimpacepontia...roductID=415667

some i knmow have a replacemnt filter for theiw cai reusable filter is because you can just have the one your not using ready for the time you need to install it without having any down time fo cleaning,drying and oiling the filter.