Our baby is premature

Pasadena SS

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the little one. I just became a dad again for the third time in June. Our first was born at 5 mos and weighed 17 ozs. Now she is a 8yo princess. i was sared shitless at the time but kept chatting with the big man. Be there for both of your girls, keep strong, keep the faith and they will thank you with their love forever. We will be praying for your peace, your daughters helath and your gfs quick recovery

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I would love to shake everyone of your hands. Your thoughts and prayers means a lot to our family. Those of you who have experience this. Your advice and stories means the world to me. I came home a wreck and by the time I read your responses I felt so much better. I printed out and took it show my baby's momma. You guys put a smile on her face. Thank You so much.

Update: The doctor told me that the baby is doing well. She is really impress with Maryjanye's fiestiness. She also said that by Monday Maryjanye should be able to get off the respirator. That is fantastic news to me.

Thank you again everyone.

thats great news pasadena! great story you can tell her when she grows up and sometimes wants to give up in school or doing something as a child. my dad used to tell me bout my fiestiness when i was on that damn respiratorcongrats on having a girl that doesnt want to quit :thumbs: get some rest, have your favorite meal relax a bit and take care of your babies mama.

and montana talking from a uncle twice over. its pretty damn cool, put them in your life as you would your own kids and theres pretty good rewards. nothing like a toddler saying "oh no! help me tio (uncle)" when they get scared of something

my daughter stormie just started k and pretty much runs her class .5yrs old and 32 lbs 36 inchs tall real small strong as can be and smart. she is a twin our girls were born at 23 1/2 weeks shalyn raina was 12oz @ birth she stayed with us for 3 hours after birth just to small no tubes small enough we held her the whole time till she went back to our father. stormie shalyn was 18oz in real bad condition 2nd day her heart stopped 3 times

dr said one more time and they would not try to save her again never happend again.

we could not hold her for a month . she came home 4 months later and perfect every

since. i believe your little beautiful little girl will be perfect strong and healthy just give your worrys to god love that little girl and pray.

our prayers or with you.

That's good news, Congradulations. I can't imagine what you're going through. We were very fortunate to have 2 healthy babies when they were born, and we thank God for that often. Our thought and prayers are with you for her continued improvement and growth. :thumbs:

Last night about 11:30pm my girlfiend gave birth to our daughter MaryJayne Sally Penn. She was born 2 months early due to an mysterious infection that no one can

really tell me about. MaryJanye is only 2lbs 10.7ounces. and 15 inches long. She's as

healthy as a 7 months old baby can be. My girlfriend is doing well. She's recovering now and as for me I'm a wreck. I'm home to take a shower and head back to the Hospitol. I don't have all the details right now but I'll keep you updated.

As I've said in other posts... I haven't been on much lately. I just came accross this post. I myself was 2 months premature as well. For those that know me you could NEVER tell :) You def. have my thoughts and prayers!

Thank you again guys for your thoughts and prayers.

The latest news is Maryjanye (the baby) is off the respirator. She is breathing on her own BUT a large artery called the ductus arteriosus which lets the blood bypass the lungs because the fetus gets its oxygen through the placenta. The ductus normally closes soon after birth so that blood can travel to the lungs and pick up oxygen. In Maryjayne's case, the ductus did not close properly, which can lead to heart failure and lack of oxygen to the organs. Right now the doctors are treating it with a drug that may helps close the ductus. By Wednesday we will know if has work. If not she will need surgury in closing the ductus. They tell me the procedure is minor but it still scares the hell out of me.

As for my girlfriend, her health is improving. She spent 5 days at the Coronary Care Unit due to her heart and lung filling up with fluids. It got pretty scary when she couldn't finish 2 words without taking a breath. Now she's up and walking tallking about the baby a lot, looking foward to being a mother. She will be returning home on Thursday.

My 3 other girls are great. I don't think they know seriousness of the situation. It seems like nothing can bring them down. Their alway laughing, being loud, horsing around sometimes it gets on my nerves but lately I've been enjoying it.

Thank you again guys for your thoughts and prayers.

The latest news is Maryjanye (the baby) is off the respirator. She is breathing on her own BUT a large artery called the ductus arteriosus which lets the blood bypass the lungs because the fetus gets its oxygen through the placenta. The ductus normally closes soon after birth so that blood can travel to the lungs and pick up oxygen. In Maryjayne's case, the ductus did not close properly, which can lead to heart failure and lack of oxygen to the organs. Right now the doctors are treating it with a drug that may helps close the ductus. By Wednesday we will know if has work. If not she will need surgury in closing the ductus. They tell me the procedure is minor but it still scares the hell out of me.

As for my girlfriend, her health is improving. She spent 5 days at the Coronary Care Unit due to her heart and lung filling up with fluids. It got pretty scary when she couldn't finish 2 words without taking a breath. Now she's up and walking tallking about the baby a lot, looking foward to being a mother. She will be returning home on Thursday.

My 3 other girls are great. I don't think they know seriousness of the situation. It seems like nothing can bring them down. Their alway laughing, being loud, horsing around sometimes it gets on my nerves but lately I've been enjoying it.

I'm tossing you some good vibes PasadenaSS!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My daughter had the same thing when she was born a few weeks premature, she ended up not needing surgery, and she's a teenage CrAzY terror now! Hope everything goes well for ya!

:cheers: