RoadRunner LS1 Realtime Emulation PCM

wkeil

I just read an article in GMHTP about this PCM emulation called roadrunner. You can basically tune your engine while running with instant results. The interface is either through USB or blue tooth on your laptop. it says you can use EFI Live software. Has any one used this product? I am really interested in buying this.

Road Runner

I haver very minimal experience with it but I have used it and it works awesome. Any parameter you change takes place instantly without a reflash. great for dyne tuning. or even consistant test and tunes at the track. when you done save the file and flash to you pcm. I'm waiting to really go indepth with it until EFI Live V2 comes out mid october. Ill give you more feed back then. :thumbs:

If I remember right it also works with the older OBD-I computers too. I used to run Moates' adapters and cables to "bench tune" my TPI Trans Am using Tuner Pro and later Tuner Pro RT (stands for "Real Time"). It was REALLY cool and it's where I got my start with tuning! :cool:

Now I have HPT, I hope it works with them sometime down the line!!!

• 1 year later...

Anybody used this on an SS yet? Is it worth investing in? I just got the V2 and I'm looking at getting the roadrunner setup to make future tuning a breeze (for the blower / cam / exhaust / etc installs)...

anyone tried this with RTACS yet?

and sorry for digging up an old thread, but I figured i'd do this instead of making a new one...

Anybody used this on an SS yet? Is it worth investing in? I just got the V2 and I'm looking at getting the roadrunner setup to make future tuning a breeze (for the blower / cam / exhaust / etc installs)...

anyone tried this with RTACS yet?

and sorry for digging up an old thread, but I figured i'd do this instead of making a new one...

The road runner is a very handy tool, especially on more radical setups where multiple reflashes would otherwise be required.

I've been playing with some idle tables the past couple of days using the road runner in my trans am. If you've got any questions about it, I'll be glad to answer.

One of the major benefits of using RTACS vs standard autove is that the resulting table will be smooth and natural looking.