Exaust

SS Silv

$300-$350 is WAY too much for just a Muffler install. You can get a Muffler for Around $100 or less depending upon brand, and it should not be more than $50.00-$75.00 to have it installed.

:withstupid: You could just about get a complete setup for that.

I'm going with dual 50 series Flows on mine. All the way out.

Thanks for all the replies. I stopped at a muffler shop and chatted with the installer. He said their really wasn't a flowmaster that fitted on the SS?

He recommended Flo-Pro. He would install it for around 300-350$, is that too much?

Also for those who replied, what type of Flowmaster do you have.

I just installed a 50 series Big Block F-master Dual 3" inlet / Single 3.50" outlet. My muffler guy said it was a special kit for an 06 SS. My buddy with the same truck installed that Flo-Pro and it's just too noisy in the cab. My Flow sounds deap and mean with a quiet cab at the same time. I am real happy with it, here's the part # if your interested - Flowmaster # 530513

Thanks for all the replies. I am in good shape now. I found a local guy with an SS that does performance work on cars and trucks and is going to hook me up.

what are you gonna go with? I've got a gibson... its not too terribly loud and it sounds great at an idle.... ive had it installed for about 1000 miles and its starting to sound a little more open then it did when i first installed the system... :thumbs: I'm sure whatever you decide to do it will sound great... as long as you dont put a glasspack or a straight pipe** in there its hard to make the SS sound bad IMO.

**the only straight piped truck i have ever heard that sounds amazing is Hayness's, but he's got a big cam and an STS turbo, so he cant run a muff-duffler... :D

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get the entire Gibson exhaust or did you just get a Gibson muffler. And if you just went witht the muffler do you have a part number or size. I like the look of the original tailpipe and am thinking of just replacing the muffler but don't like the sound of the magnaflow. Anyone just replace with a Borla muffler?

thanks