Who can build my SS to run 10's...

punkt71

Okay, heres the deal. I am thinking in early-mid 2007 I am going to buy a new C6 and and a crappy single cab Silverado for my dirtbikes.

The big thing here, is I dont want to sell the SS. I want it to be my project truck and have it be the fastest non-NOS truck out here. Problem is, I am not a good mechanic.. lol. I need to know if there are any good engine builders/installers/etc that will help me attain a goal of running a 10.9 1/4 mile reliable truck... not something that will make 5 runs and need repairs.

Basically, I am thinking I will need a shop/reputable person to build a fully forged 402 to handle around 900HP. I want to put a large blower on it (not sure which one yet) and I will need to do the 4L80E swap. The tranny swap is the 1st piece of the puzzle. I already have a suspension guy who will be custom fabricating a full race suspension and roll cage for my truck. I just need someone who can build me the strongest motor, supercharge it, and install it. I most likely will be ditching the AWD because of the power output of the motor, and just throwing an 80E in there with no AWD because to my understanding I wont be needing a bunch of extra parts that will fail eventually.

These are my goals

1) Fully built 402, callies forged crank, Mahle forged pistons, forged rods, wicked blower cam, block supporting 900HP.

2) Blower able to push 15-18PSI.

3) Fully built 80E, possible removal of AWD for conversion to 2wd

4) One hell of a tune

5) Full race suspension, 18" rims with huge slicks and roll cage.

6) I need this to be street legal still. I want to kill everything on the road. :devil:

Anyone have any recommendations for anyone here in Socal to take on the project?

PS- I will be selling the Radix, 6.0, and my fully built 65E as soon as I buy my C6. So I will entertain offers soon :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like you have a good idea as to what your wanting to achive. 900HP is a little high but isnt impossible. For a everyday driver and reliablity I would stay with the 6.0 and forge the internals like you plan BUT go with a turbo instead of a super charger. Turbos can be upgraded by adding to the motor. Ex if your starting out running 5psi and change your fuel system to meet the higher fuel demands you can then boost it to 10psi. After that forge your internals and boost it to 18psi all useing the same turbo. PLUS the turbo being driven buy exhaust does not demand HP from the engine to turn the compressor. where as the super take power away to gain. Let me know what you plan, Im still learning all the brands and whats best my self. After building hondas for 8 years and going to chevy its a whole new world.

Im with you on that one, about the Hondas. I had a 12.9 second turbo Civic, a 13.3 second all motor Honda CRX, and a 11.7 @ 132mph turbo 97' Eclipse. I need to make this the fastest vehicle I have ever owned.

As far as budget, there is none really. Of course, I would like to keep it under $20K if possible, but who knows what will happen.

Also, turbo is not out of the question either. Plus, I can easily run lower boost on the street, and crank it up at the track with race gas. I just need the guy/shop to do it. I can go on and on about different setups, but I -need- someone to do this. I want to hand the guy the cash, and he build my motor and do this. Like some kind of Jesse James guy of trucks.. lol. I just want to watch and learn....

Im with you on that one, about the Hondas.  I had a 12.9 second turbo Civic, a 13.3 second all motor Honda CRX, and a 11.7 @ 132mph turbo 97' Eclipse.  I need to make this the fastest vehicle I have ever owned.

As far as budget, there is none really.  Of course, I would like to keep it under $20K if possible, but who knows what will happen.

Also, turbo is not out of the question either.  Plus, I can easily run lower boost on the street, and crank it up at the track with race gas.  I just need the guy/shop to do it.  I can go on and on about different setups, but I -need- someone to do this.  I want to hand the guy the cash, and he build my motor and do this.  Like some kind of Jesse James guy of trucks.. lol.  I just want to watch and learn....

Well Ive built tons of 350's and billions of honda motors. So I would be more than happy to give you a hand and build the motor for everything you need. In addition your in luck seeing how I own KC Motorsports so the combination of me and my top mechanics can work some magic with your ride. Only problem is Im located in Panama City FL so if your willing to drive or ship the truck to me to have this done then it will work. As for 20K that should work I dont see it costing that much, Unless there are some issues with the tranny. But seeing how the stock tranny is rated for 13000 pounds pulling power I dont think it would have a problem and the AWD is a huge plus at the track seeing how you can start off running low boost and hit high boost after you get off the line. AND you dont have to worrie about spinning the backend of drag slicks. l hope im some help.

I would defintely suggest going up to a big procharger Possibly an F1C

They support serious numbers and they are proven to be winners when it comes to going effing fast..

As far as cage and chassis are you talking full four link ect?

built 427 w/ whipple blower will easily make the power your looking for.  whats your budget??
:withstupid: I was thinking C5R or LS7 + turbo, but close enough...
actually c5r was really what i ment. that would work sweet.
Yup one of my favorite vids (link) is a C5 with a LS6 (346 cu in), ported LQ9 heads, 64-lb injectors, Comp 232/240 turbo cam, and HP Performance 57mm twin turbos = 800rwhp @ 15psi :devil: That vette went from 10 to 180mph in 20-secs just loafing through the gears. :eek: Makes you think anyways! So I'm thinking along those lines for my own project.

Mr. P.

Aside from the distance issue, it sounds like a 6.7L and a turbo with a 4L85E from W2W is more what you need. With some traction Kurts daily driver would probably go 10's and it's a very reliable setup and that's with a calm 6.0L.

well first off ditch the awd. a flt level 5 80e will hold 1000 +hp, you will need a beefy rear axle, and large ci. i would say more than a 402. big turbo or twin turbos. go back and talk to JPA. Brian can help you out some.

I wasnt sure Brian builds motors and could do this project, or have the time. If thats a case, I think I already figured out who would do the truck. I will have to give him a call. This is still a good 6 months away from happening, but considering hes in Socal I wouldnt mind leaving the truck with him for however long this took.

As for the cage, it will be a full 4 link with a possible engine cage and crap like that. I have to get more details on it. I will also be doing fiberglass bed panels and front fenders, and a fiberglass hood for weight savings. The bed of the truck will be lightweight aluminum or sheet metal also.

I am thinking a massive turbo on a C5R block at this point, or a huge Procharger on a stout 408 like Revolution mentioned.

Archived